Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.


Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 2]

Alcon Brake Kit


This is a discussion on Alcon Brake Kit within the Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
The truck in the video is running 39" BFG BAJA T/A which weigh 95lbs each + the INNOV8'S at around ...


User Tag List

Like Tree9Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2018, 04:42 PM   #41 (permalink)
 
CUSTOMWHEELS4U's Avatar
Supporting Vendor

 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 1,063
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Default
The truck in the video is running 39" BFG BAJA T/A which weigh 95lbs each + the INNOV8'S at around 30lbs each. That's a lot of wheel to slow down. If 125ft is true that's pretty impressive.

Edit: Nevermind, I was watching the Deberti Raptor video with Alcons. My bad.






CUSTOMWHEELS4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:11 PM   #42 (permalink)
 
nikhsub1's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 575
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by brettmess24 View Post
Why are they the only BBK manufacturer using iron calipers and one piece rotors?

Brembo, Wilwood, R1 Concepts, Baer are not strong and durable?

Why wouldn’t they make the kit for weight savings? Especially with rotating mass that can help performance in every category?

Might just be me but from my point of view they cut a lot of corners and are asking a premium for this kit that uses wheel spacers and requires aftermarket tie rods.

No doubt it works better than stock with the clamping force of opposed pistons for $6-$7k I expect more out of a BBK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't disagree with your sentiments... I'm just stating what Alcon has said regarding the matter.
nikhsub1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:03 PM   #43 (permalink)
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Age: 28
Posts: 799
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by brettmess24 View Post
Why are they the only BBK manufacturer using iron calipers and one piece rotors?

Brembo, Wilwood, R1 Concepts, Baer are not strong and durable?

Why wouldn’t they make the kit for weight savings? Especially with rotating mass that can help performance in every category?

Might just be me but from my point of view they cut a lot of corners and are asking a premium for this kit that uses wheel spacers and requires aftermarket tie rods.

No doubt it works better than stock with the clamping force of opposed pistons for $6-$7k I expect more out of a BBK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If Alcon is $7k, find another $1-2K and spring for one of the big boys

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Took another look at the Alcon - they have found a good niche for their product

Baer, Brembo etc will require 19" most likely 20" wheels to run brakes so think Alcon is the only major manufacturer (maybe RacingBrake, too) that's making a BBK for 17" wheels, which explains why they are able to run iron calipers and 1 pieces rotors at that price point - not much competition for them
BajaFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:50 AM   #44 (permalink)
FRF Addict

 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Age: 40
Posts: 2,091
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
https://www.rpgoffroad.com/product/1...-brake-system/

https://www.rpgoffroad.com/product/1...-brake-system/


__________________
My build thread: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f65/w...6/#post1012544
Truckzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:08 AM   #45 (permalink)
 
ATRaptor's Avatar
Member

 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by CUSTOMWHEELS4U View Post
The truck in the video is running 39" BFG BAJA T/A which weigh 95lbs each + the INNOV8'S at around 30lbs each. That's a lot of wheel to slow down. If 125ft is true that's pretty impressive.

Edit: Nevermind, I was watching the Deberti Raptor video with Alcons. My bad.
What's even more nuts is Deberti's Raptor, with all that hardware, is the one they claim stops quicker than a vette.

Personally I'd love to see the black and white data there but until I do so its all speculation and marketing.
ATRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:14 AM   #46 (permalink)
 
CUSTOMWHEELS4U's Avatar
Supporting Vendor

 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 1,063
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by ATRaptor View Post
What's even more nuts is Deberti's Raptor, with all that hardware, is the one they claim stops quicker than a vette.

Personally I'd love to see the black and white data there but until I do so its all speculation and marketing.
That could be the claim to fame seeing as the tires make up a good chunk of stopping distance. If they have enough clamping power to lock up 39x13.50x17 tires that's at least saying something. It would be nice to see a stock setup try the same thing. I wonder how the results would differ.

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

Originally Posted by BajaFred View Post
If Alcon is $7k, find another $1-2K and spring for one of the big boys

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Took another look at the Alcon - they have found a good niche for their product

Baer, Brembo etc will require 19" most likely 20" wheels to run brakes so think Alcon is the only major manufacturer (maybe RacingBrake, too) that's making a BBK for 17" wheels, which explains why they are able to run iron calipers and 1 pieces rotors at that price point - not much competition for them
Brembo should just offer their Trophy Truck brakes for Raptors.

Trophy Truck/Raptor... Basically the same thing right? lol

6100 Brembo Brakes - Photo 68812752 - Mason's Masterpiece


CUSTOMWHEELS4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:28 AM   #47 (permalink)
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Age: 28
Posts: 799
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by CUSTOMWHEELS4U View Post
Brembo should just offer their Trophy Truck brakes for Raptors.

Trophy Truck/Raptor... Basically the same thing right? lol

6100 Brembo Brakes - Photo 68812752 - Mason's Masterpiece
Man these are teeny

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

A little info wouldn't hurt

Baer makes a set for RPG that will fit under 17" wheels
BajaFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:42 PM   #48 (permalink)
 
nikhsub1's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 575
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by BajaFred View Post

Baer makes a set for RPG that will fit under 17" wheels
That's what the RPG site says, although not sure if that is for Gen 1 or 2...
nikhsub1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 05:59 PM   #49 (permalink)
FRF Addict

 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Age: 40
Posts: 2,091
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by CUSTOMWHEELS4U View Post

Brembo should just offer their Trophy Truck brakes for Raptors.
I wonder if those pads/rotors survive for much more more than 1 race. I'd guess not.

Originally Posted by BajaFred View Post
Man these are teeny

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------



A little info wouldn't hurt
I'll have more info to share soon

Originally Posted by nikhsub1 View Post
That's what the RPG site says, although not sure if that is for Gen 1 or 2...
Have not seen anyone running them on a Gen 2 yet but I can't imagine there are very many meaningful differences b/w the rearends and front knuckles/hubs on Gen 1 vs. Gen 2.


__________________
My build thread: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f65/w...6/#post1012544
Truckzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:46 PM   #50 (permalink)
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Age: 28
Posts: 799
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by Truckzor View Post
I'll have more info to share soon
Too late, I paid the porter to give me a sneak peak at your build

You can't hide in NY

BajaFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how good are alcon brakes chipw Ford SVT Raptor General Discussions [GEN 1] 10 06-20-2018 09:43 PM
Alcon BBK, Damn chi_weezy Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 2] 42 10-21-2017 09:41 AM
NEW! Alcon 6 Piston Brake Kit With Stock 17" Wheels ADDGrant Ford Raptor Wheels & Tires Forum [GEN 1] 5 08-05-2014 02:13 PM
NEW! Alcon 6 Piston Brake Kit With Stock 17" Wheels ADDGrant Addictive Desert Designs 9 08-05-2014 02:11 PM
Alcon 6 piston brake kit with stock 17" wheels Squatting Dog Ford Raptor Wheels & Tires Forum [GEN 1] 13 07-21-2014 01:39 AM



GM Truck Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
Dodge Ram Forum
Chevy Cobalt Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
FJ Cruiser Forum
Ford Truck Forum
88-98 GM Truck Forum
73-87 Gm Truck Forum
Ford Expedition Forum
Chevy Equinox Forum
Chevy Cruze Forum
Jeep Liberty Forum
Jeep Forum
Dodge Ram SRT10 Forum
Chrysler 200 Forum
Scion xD Forum
Scion xB Forum
Dodge Challenger Forum
SRT Forum
Nissan Titan Forum
Buick Enclave Forum
Land Rover Forum
Scion FR-S Forum
TRD Forum
Central US Mopars
Southeast Mopars
Cadillac CTS Forum
Oklahoma Dodge Ram Club
Softball Forum