GEN 2 Air bags for towing??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikeparker

Reaction score
Here, this is what he meant to say:

People that buy Raptors to tow are idiots.​

No question about that comment........

:specialed:
Yeah for sure, totally stupid to want to use the truck as something more than just jumping. The thing that cracks me up the most is I probably run my raptors harder than 95% of raptor owners, which is why I want bags so I can still tow all my toys with it without compromising the suspension. So when I take my family out I can haul our stuff and still use the raptor for what it's meant for. But yeah totally stupid to want to use it to tow/haul stuff.

If anyone finds bags for it let me know, I'm hesitant to use helper springs because I don't want a stiff suspension unless I'm hauling. Had a 2015 super duty which hauls great, but I love my raptor more for everything else

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just forget the BS. The Raptor tows just fine for the occasional use. Not everyone buys a Raptor just to see how far they can push it before they break something. Some of us just like the ability to get to great hunting and fishing spots....and get back.

Jred2255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015 23 LSV Malibu Wakesetter.
Figure it's north of 6000lbs with a full tank and gear all in. Surprisingly happy with how little it sags. Just about even front and back. Pulls it really well.

6284C348-EED5-4D78-8BD6-BED471593516_zpskeqzwvyn.jpg

jgree32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015 23 LSV Malibu Wakesetter.
Figure it's north of 6000lbs with a full tank and gear all in. Surprisingly happy with how little it sags. Just about even front and back. Pulls it really well.

6284C348-EED5-4D78-8BD6-BED471593516_zpskeqzwvyn.jpg

That's a sweet setup there. Am I correct most boat trailers you can't use a WDH? If thats without a WDH it looks pretty good.
Nice truck. What size tires you running?

Jred2255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a sweet setup there. Am I correct most boat trailers you can't use a WDH? If thats without a WDH it looks pretty good.
Nice truck. What size tires you running?

Thanks. I don't believe you can use a WDH on this trailer due to the long tounge. I assume most boat trailers are designed like this.
35x12.50r17 Nitto Trail Grapplers.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most boat trailers use surge brakes which is why, not the length of the tongue.

Why, in a thread about squat and needing airbags, do people post pics without even mentioning their tongue weight? It's like this is the 'here's a picture of my boat' thread.

Sanzrides

Reaction score
It would be nice to have something to keep it from sagging when loaded and retain the ride and suspension travel for those off road adventures

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tandem axle trailers tow much easier with less load on the truck if they are balanced. My 2 single axle trailers are very different from my tandem.

If it's a choice, get a tandem. Brakes on both axles too.