GEN 2 Air bags for towing??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big-Foot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone try timbrens yet...install them when towing then take them out when not...seams like a simple solution?

I just got an email back from Timbren and they have not got anything for e G2 Raptor in the Timbren SES line. I have asked them when they anticipate having something for the market and will let you know what they say.

DrifterGTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Admittedly I'm not the most tow crazy or informed person when it comes to suspension. But, could you just increase the length of the overload bump stops and slightly increase the towing capacity?

OP
OP
O

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Decided I am not changing a thing, no bags, no leveling hitch, nope! I just moved the crawler back alittle on the trailer. Alittle sag but no big deal!

You don't think 1,000 pounds back there vs the rated 600 would deform the springs do you?

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone try timbrens yet...install them when towing then take them out when not...seams like a simple solution?

Hmmmm. Interesting. I had never heard of these. It sounds like you could install these, and just remove quickly when taking offroad. Or, if you are offroad more than you tow, vice-versa. Installation time is 45 minutes, but I'm assuming once you've done it the first time, swapping back and forth would be quicker.

Anyone else have experience with these? Good? Bad?

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my truck and trailer without the weight distribution hitch. It sags at least 2" which was unacceptable with me.
Raptorwithtrailer_zpssssu99pl.jpg
Raptorwithtrailer1_zps7q8cedwf.jpg

tightt

Reaction score
I pull my 24' aluminum enclosed trailer to the MX races almost every weekend and it pulls the trailer effortlessly but squatted a little more than I'd like so I got weight distribution hitch and problem solved. $209 done.

How was the installation? Did it help with the squatting?

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How was the installation? Did it help with the squatting?

It's exactly what you need. Easy to build and use although it's pretty heavy. You can crank the truck up 3"-4" higher than it needs to be and set the chains and lower it back into place and it's level. It pulls the trailer much nicer too because it's not squatting and wallowing all over the place because of the newer soft rear springs on the Gen2's.

Jred2255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's exactly what you need. Easy to build and use although it's pretty heavy. You can crank the truck up 3"-4" higher than it needs to be and set the chains and lower it back into place and it's level. It pulls the trailer much nicer too because it's not squatting and wallowing all over the place because of the newer soft rear springs on the Gen2's.

Do you have a link for the one you bought?