After 1.5” leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
oh my god, look at all of this trimming for 37s with RPG adjustable collars set at 2.5" ...

lRiRv72.jpg

I totally ruined my truck!

If I had gone to the Fox resi coilovers out of the gate, I would not have even had to trim that much.

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh my god, look at all of this trimming for 37s with RPG adjustable collars set at 2.5" ...

lRiRv72.jpg

I totally ruined my truck!

If I had gone to the Fox resi coilovers out of the gate, I would not have even had to trim that much.

I see these posts all the time now... "how much lift to fit X"

Well the problem is your "lift" collars dont lift anything. They change static ride height and that is all. If the tire didnt fit at stock height it wont fit with lift collars. It WILL fit at the new static height but any bump that puts it back to the stock height in its travel will cause rubbing.
The lift collars dont change suspension travel of tire clearance. They only change static ride height.

Long story short if it didnt fit befotre the collars it wont fit after collars....except while parked in the starbucks parking lot. As soon as you smash that curb on the way out it will rub just like stock.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I see these posts all the time now... "how much lift to fit X"

Well the problem is your "lift" collars dont lift anything. They change static ride height and that is all. If the tire didnt fit at stock height it wont fit with lift collars. It WILL fit at the new static height but any bump that puts it back to the stock height in its travel will cause rubbing.
The lift collars dont change suspension travel of tire clearance. They only change static ride height.

Long story short if it didnt fit befotre the collars it wont fit after collars....except while parked in the starbucks parking lot. As soon as you smash that curb on the way out it will rub just like stock.

you're forgetting the difference in wheel tracel dynamics when you are modifying the wheels "arc" through caster/camber changes.

Don't get me wrong. I looked at my up travel once swapping to the dsc coilovers. It didnt make me smile.

My challenge is not being able to increase my track width more than 4" (the gate to my parking area is 95" wide and 92.5" ( RPG BOLT kit) plus or minus w/ wheel offset is too close for comfort).

I'm eagerly awaiting the forthcoming mid-travel options from a few vendors, including RPG, then I'll be off to the races.