3.0s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dunnjames18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since the new raptor is coming with 3.0 shocks and alot of members on here like to upgrade and sell the oem shocks at a decent price do you think the gen 2 raptor shocks can be swapped to the gen 1 raptor? be a decent upgrade and probably significantly less buying oem take offs than upgraded shocks ie. king, icons, fox 3.0

Just food for thought

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since the new raptor is coming with 3.0 shocks and alot of members on here like to upgrade and sell the oem shocks at a decent price do you think the gen 2 raptor shocks can be swapped to the gen 1 raptor? be a decent upgrade and probably significantly less buying oem take offs than upgraded shocks ie. king, icons, fox 3.0

Just food for thought

Asked this question already. Gen 2 is supposed to be about 500 lbs lighter so I don't think it would be a good idea to put shocks tuned for a truck 500lbs lighter than yours. I'm sure current 3.0's for gen 1 raptors will decrease in price when the new raptors come out so it would be smarter to get shocks built for your truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suspect used OEM Raptor parts will probably remain fairly pricey for awhile after launch.

Also theoretically fewer owners will want to upgrade their factory 3.0s than last-gen owners wanting to upgrade their 2.0s.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just food for thought
Does anybody know if the 3.0 shocks on the 2017 Raptor have adjustment knobs for compression and rebound? If not, can the 3.0s be modified to have adjuster knobs? I have found the ability to tune shocks for different riding conditions to be a great feature on several side by side off-road vehicles that I have owned.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If a Gen2 Screw is 500lbs heaver than a scab gen1 I cant see a reason they wouldnt work unless they attach differently. Just find out the vehicle weight and go from there. Might be a viable option.