3.0 gold shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha calm down. Someone has to be on the other side of the argument or its just the same **********. Its not my problem you cant handle a different opinion. Freakin' serious sally over here cant take a little jab here and there.

The hate by some people on here is insane especially when no solid numbers have even been released so how the hell does anyone know how its going to perform? Sorry Im an optimist and think itll be good to go. Its fine to think otherwise but dont have a damn stroke when someone has a different opinion or pushes back.

Furthermore if you hate is so damn much why the hell are you even in the 2017 forum? To come over and be a **** about it? Stay over in the 2010-2014 forum if you hate the idea of the 2017 so much. Its a simple solution to your problem.
Hey needle ****, there is no hate from my site, you would never deserve the energy of hate from me.
You simply are an annoyance that is starting to **** me off, ... like... Gnats, Black Flies, Mosquitos, you keep swatting at them, but, they keep coming back...

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey needle ****, there is no hate from my site, you would never deserve the energy of hate from me.
You simply are an annoyance that is starting to **** me off, ... like... Gnats, Black Flies, Mosquitos, you keep swatting at them, but, they keep coming back...

Well Im sorry you feel that way and as long as you hang around the 2017 forum youll be annoyed so settle in or get some damn good bug spray. I suggest at least 30% DEET.

TonyTee

Reaction score
Well Im sorry you feel that way and as long as you hang around the 2017 forum youll be annoyed so settle in or get some damn good bug spray. I suggest at least 30% DEET.

I feel the say way man. I came on here to discuss the new Raptor and get excited about the new truck and all I was met with was hate and negativity.

If you jokers on here hate on the '17....stay on your stupid side of the fence of the old raptor sections and quit being ********. I don't give 2 ***** about your stupid post count. Being a **** is being a ****.

Peace.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hahaha, we don't have a side, if you've been here you've been here, if you're new you're new. Don't get butthurt, any of you. Do I like the new raptor? Not at all, but would I tell anyone not to get it if they want it? Never. Besides it'll make my truck look that much better when they try to park their new dud next to my pedigreed raptor. Lol, it's just good fun, from my corner at least.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I feel the say way man. I came on here to discuss the new Raptor and get excited about the new truck and all I was met with was hate and negativity.

If you jokers on here hate on the '17....stay on your stupid side of the fence of the old raptor sections and quit being ********. I don't give 2 ***** about your stupid post count. Being a **** is being a ****.

Peace.

Just push back man. This is one of those places where a majority of the users are extremely sarcastic and like to give people shit just because they can. Just dont take a lot of it to heart because if you do you might as well not hangout here. I say that sincerely because its not worth it if you get upset and your time could be spent elsewhere. When I first started commenting here I was instantly singled out. I was like what the shit? I thought it would be an awesome place to come and discuss the new truck! Nope, I was wrong. I then started to get defensive and got into some arguments with some users and then I said why? What for? Not really worth the time. Now some users think I work for Ford because Im staying optimistic about the new truck and its EB motor and wont change my stance on it until I get actual proof the production truck isnt what it should be. Some people say Im some EB shill but instead Im sticking my ground and not joining in their circle jerk which hurts their feelings. Some people cant take a different opinion without getting all defensive. Im annoying about the new EB because they are 10x more annoying with their constant "my outdated truck is better hurr derr the EB sucks herr durr" ********. Thick skin is definitely needed around these parts.

Others forums wouldnt really allow a brigade of pointless users going on other areas of the forum just to bash and be ********* but this isnt one of those forums and for right now thats fine because the 2017 isnt out yet. If the mods want it to be this way thats their call because its their forum and you and I will just have to settle in and deal with it for now.

Hopefully a lot of the ******** stops when the 2017 actually hits the showroom floor. I think a lot of the users here will also change their tune once the Raptors been tested by real world users and show how outdated their current rigs are.

When it comes down to it a lot of the users have an old school mind set and hate change. Change is scary for a lot of people to handle so they desperately cling to what they are familiar with.

There really isnt anything technically superior on the 2010-2014 compared to the 2017.

Oh but the mule EB burned up....Yeah? So ******* what? Thats why its a test vehicle, to figure out what works and what doesnt work. You really are dense if you think Ford engineers would put that exact setup into a production vehicle. Im positive players like porsche, ferrari, lambo, bmw etc have had a few test vehicles burst into flames over the years yet no one around here is complaining their porsche, bimmer, ferrari, etc is a ************* because of that.

The 2017 has better shocks and longer travel....

The 2017 has more power and torque....

The 2017 has a new terrain management system including a new AWD mode which is badass for anyone (like myself) where it snows the majority of the time.

The 2017 is lighter....

The 2017 doesnt have a heavy ass cast iron boat anchor for its engine....

The list goes on.

But Im with you, the OG raptor guys should just go on their porch on their side of the fence and sit the hell down and chill out instead of yelling at everyone else in the neighborhood thats trying to have fun.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The funniest part of this rant... A supposed truck/Raptor guy saying AWD and badass in the same sentence.

Its not a true AWD system since you still have the option of 2 hi, 4-lo, and 4-Hi which makes it very versatile. It gives you more options than the outgoing Gen 1 has by far.

A normal 4wd system like whats in the Gen 1 is a "dumb" system. It doesnt know shit and it could care less about grip. It just locks everything together and lets you go on your way. Good for mud, rocks, and most sand but not very good for a changing surface like snow and ice. The AWD system in the new raptor will have far more grip on snow/ice than a traditional 4wd system so yes, it is superior.

If youre running that AWD system in deep ass snow, mud, rock crawling, or most sand conditions youre an idiot because you have better options available in the truck.

If youre like me who goes to the mountains A LOT during the winter you dont want to be running around in 4-Hi all day when you have the option of AWD instead.

You get the best of both worlds with the 2017 when it comes to AWD/4wd.

Anyone who has driven a good AWD system in snow will tell you its far superior to a standard 4wd system.

BBQPorkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone who has driven a good AWD system in snow will tell you its far superior to a standard 4wd system.

Agreed, I have driven great and some would say world class AWD systems Audi, Subaru. But take note neither make trucks...I get it I truly do AWD drive takes the thinking out of driving and makes it more suitable for the soccer mom and the latte drinkers and that's what car makers do. The Raptor isn't a car it isn't an SUV its a Truck. Lets just agree to disagree that the new Raptor is the new Keurig of trucks. Just one button and it does it all for you.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agreed, I have driven great and some would say world class AWD systems Audi, Subaru. But take note neither make trucks...I get it I truly do AWD drive takes the thinking out of driving and makes it more suitable for the soccer mom and the latte drinkers and that's what car makers do. The Raptor isn't a car it isn't an SUV its a Truck. Lets just agree to disagree that the new Raptor is the new Keurig of trucks. Just one button and it does it all for you.

Did you miss the part where you still have the option of 4-hi and 4-lo like a traditional 4wd system? The purist still has their options and are not forced to use the AWD system if they do not want to.

When Im driving at or near highway speeds on my way up the mountain I dont want to necessarily white knuckle it all the way there because I have to rely on an outdated traction management system.

I grew up driving up and down the mountains with my parents in traditional 4x4's (Suvs and trucks) and my first truck I was allowed to drive was a 1975 Ford 4 door crew cab. Ill take my AWD Jeep and subaru over that 4wd any day of the week since it is night at day when it comes to winter driving.

Yes, the new truck is packed with tech that takes some of the guess work out of driving but name any manufacturer thats not doing the same? Lambo only has e-clutch now, Ferrari dropped their gated stick shift, Jeep has their new terrain management systems, and everyone else has fancy 4wd/AWD transmission, differential, locking this, locking that, unlocking, sway bar disconnects, electronically managed doo-hickies.

If you want an old school purist feel buy something pre 1990 and run that instead.