2018 Raptor stiffer ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To the OP:
Not trying to be rude or give you a hard time, but I'm confused as to why you would buy a truck for all the off road characteristics and then be annoyed by them and try to figure out how to chip away at them...just asking...

Heelfan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally I didn’t care for the body roll on the street and went with the hellwig rear sway bar. Eliminated most all of the unwanted body roll and made the road handling a lot more pleasurable without really hurting any other aspect. Personally I off-road very little and have no plans for any hardcore off-roading, but if I wanted to it could be removed in just a few minutes.

OP
OP
R

Raptor2018

Reaction score
Thanks for Great replies.
I agree that by tweaking the characteristics of stock raptor goes against what it is. But I love to drive a little fast on the highway and was just wondering what would help without jeopardizing much off road. No doubt raptor is already awesome, to me a less body roll on road would bring a better experience. And of course it will see plenty of dirt. That’s what I bought for. Lol

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No one on FRF can ever answer a question without lecturing or throwing out ******** information about what the truck is built for. Geez this forum is full of trash.

Last edited:

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are a “C” load tire, which when combined with a 35” on 17 really gives a lot of the side roll you feel.

I ran D and then E 35/17’s on my last truck. The heavier sidewalls make a huge difference, and shouldn’t make the ride too harsh because of the Raptor’s supple suspension.
I think it is a good way to go.

If you haven’t tried it yet, run more air, also makes a big difference!

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Personally I didn’t care for the body roll on the street and went with the hellwig rear sway bar. Eliminated most all of the unwanted body roll and made the road handling a lot more pleasurable without really hurting any other aspect. Personally I off-road very little and have no plans for any hardcore off-roading, but if I wanted to it could be removed in just a few minutes.

this is a perfect response. rear sway for the win.