2017 Raptor Geiser Progressive Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

COMBS19

Reaction score
Is everyone who is running these springs also experiencing said loud thunk when the front suspension is unloaded? I'd like to order the geisers, but for the price, Id be disappointed and concerned with mechanical noises like that...

I've had no noises since install about 400 miles of normal driving.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is everyone who is running these springs also experiencing said loud thunk when the front suspension is unloaded? I'd like to order the geisers, but for the price, Id be disappointed and concerned with mechanical noises like that...

I dont know about everyone else but my passenger side unloads really harsh over speed bumps and other sharp small bumps.....

installer said nothing he did.....

geiser wont respond to any of my emails.....

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score

What "said loud thunk"? If you have that, your shocks need to be serviced, it's not the springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What "said loud thunk"? If you have that, your shocks need to be serviced, it's not the springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Talking about posts #114 & 115 in this thread:

... Definitely a bit of loud thunk when the front suspension droops out (at least that's what it sounds like to my not mechanically inclined brain and ears)...

...I guess we are experiencing the same thing in regards to a loud thump. Mine does it over large speed bumps but only on my passenger side...

996Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I am going to have them check this out and see. How would this not being torqued enough cause what I am experiencing?

Thanks!!

My gen1 had a clunk like you describe after I went to top perch, and it ended up being the lower shock bolt. Tightened it up and it went away. If I remember right it was only like a 1/4 turn and that made the difference.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My gen1 had a clunk like you describe after I went to top perch, and it ended up being the lower shock bolt. Tightened it up and it went away. If I remember right it was only like a 1/4 turn and that made the difference.

Ditto to above

That lower shock bolt torque specs are 400+ ft lbs

Last edited:

coder

Reaction score
So I did some off-roading 4hi 4lo everything ran and sounded fine only thing I kind of do not know if I like is it definitely feels more springy
I bet you are feeling the effect of the progressive springs.

Rather then having even compression all the way down like the stock springs, they will resist full compression once the springs start touching each other.

This "springy" feeling might just be the nature of the design.