2017 Raptor Alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m2140

Reaction score
I have a new 2017 Raptor and the alignment just goes off really easy. just got her aligned and within 2 days i was back to the steering wheel at 11 o'clock.

I've read a lot about Caster / Camber kits that can help hold alignment better. but I cannot find a kit that is actually designed for the new truck because it's so new.

Does anyone know of a Kit that can work on the 2017 Raptors and share the link? does a Kit for the 2015-2016 F150 Work?

Does Ford make a Kit?

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a new 2017 Raptor and the alignment just goes off really easy. just got her aligned and within 2 days i was back to the steering wheel at 11 o'clock.

I've read a lot about Caster / Camber kits that can help hold alignment better. but I cannot find a kit that is actually designed for the new truck because it's so new.

Does anyone know of a Kit that can work on the 2017 Raptors and share the link? does a Kit for the 2015-2016 F150 Work?

Does Ford make a Kit?
Sounds like something is wrong. This isn't normal.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

SDHQ

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We offer the SPC alignment cams that also upgrade all the hardware to Grade 12.9. These do help hold the alignment better because you aren't maxing out the stock cams.

MRxGREEN

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Does Ford make a Kit?

Any update on this? Im going in for my third alignment. I have had the truck 2.5 months.

OP
OP
M

m2140

Reaction score
UPDATE.

So I took her in to the dealer and the alignment was fine but the steering wheel was off.

So the truck drove straight but the steering wheel was not properly centered.

They fixed it, but just like before within a couple days the steering wheel was 1-2 degrees off center again.

Hard to say if it's the tires or if there is actually a problem with the steering holding

Memorial Day weekend I took her out to Ocotillo Wells and beat her up a little on the trails. Not too hard as it's my first time off road with her but I went thru corrugations and some east rocks trails and nothing changed. It's still off 1-2 degrees but at least it's holding.

I'm going to keep monitoring but would like to hear if others are having similar issues and if there is a fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
something defiantly sounds wrong. we took mine out to cal city and did have a few "opps that was fast for a rut." visual of the alignment and steering is fine. drove the same too. wonder if there could be an issue with your epas? something causing the steering wheel to canter left or right? not fear mongering only throwing out a place to look.

OP
OP
M

m2140

Reaction score
Could the lane assist system as part technology package be the cause?

I have noticed that when lane assist is on the alignment feels worse. The lane keeping system does interfere a little and make the steering wheel a little loose or tighter to get you back in to the lane. It's not a full drive for you like in a Tesla but close.

I've since completely turned off Lane assist and the wheel seems to have stabilized. Just wondering if the lane keeping electric or what ever motor in the steering wheel that controls stiffness could be kicking the steering wheel out of alignment?

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could the lane assist system as part technology package be the cause?

I have noticed that when lane assist is on the alignment feels worse. The lane keeping system does interfere a little and make the steering wheel a little loose or tighter to get you back in to the lane. It's not a full drive for you like in a Tesla but close.

I've since completely turned off Lane assist and the wheel seems to have stabilized. Just wondering if the lane keeping electric or what ever motor in the steering wheel that controls stiffness could be kicking the steering wheel out of alignment?

seams legit. but no clue i have a "basic" 802a lol. i did notice the feel is different depending on the setting of the steering. i like normal or sport. comfort seams sloppy to me.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I have a first suspicion, that we’re perceiving the pavement to be level, when it’s not, but the electric / lane assist discussion line is intriguing. I’ve noticed that my wheel is not predictable at or around 12 o’clock; and I realize that every road crown is different so I haven’t really given it much concern, but I will say that my steering wheel position doesn’t always seem to match what I expect with a given road. When things flatten out, the wheel seems to be “about right”