Why Tune your F150 Raptor ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I've determined it's in your best interest to NOT tune your Raptor.

I figured I would share my story with the folks on the forum, use my hard lesson as a warning to others in the Alberta region of Canada.

I was driving with my wife and a friend in my Hellcat Charger to the movie theatre on Saturday afternoon. I take the same route I always do that involves a road in an open area next to a farmers field, that allows more "spirited" driving with low risk of photo radar.

Upon driving on the road I noticed a vehicle on the side of the road so I slowed down, as I had assumed it was photo radar.

I kept on driving as per normal after passing the vehicle thinking nothing of it. I drove for another approximately 20 minutes, more or less at the speed limit except for literally 5 seconds after one stop light on a 70 kph "freeway" in which I accelerated up to about 110 kph and then immediately slowed down. This is a normal practice for me that allows for me to enjoy the acceleration of my hellcat, without speeding excessively or endangering the public.... or so I thought.

Eventually I was doing 80 kph in a 70 kph zone and noticed a unmarked police vehicle with it's cherries on, obviously pulling me over. I was initially upset as I thought I was getting pulled over for speeding 10 kph over the speed limit...

Turns out the unmarked police car was following since the initial road they were parked on the side of. Obviously saw I had a Hellcat and decided to follow me with the laser on me... The officer gave me 3 tickets stating that this was a standard practice as he followed me and I was speeding on 3 different roads. Two tickets are for 10 kph over, one was 56 kph over from when I was supposibly accelerating for a few seconds after the stop light.

None of this has been proven in court, it may not stick.... but I am personally taking it very seriously and will likely be selling my Hellcat come spring.

Unlike in my younger years growing up with muscle cars in the prairie provinces was a great experience, with our large wide open roads. Always ensuring to keep the racing to the drag strip...

Learn from my mistake dont speed EVER, our cars are targets and we now live in a society where the RCMP focus on further taxing tax payers not resolving crime as they may have once done.

End Rant ...

Speeding... Word of Warning to others... | SRT Hellcat Forum

Kamil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
17+K miles on my truck, MPT PRX93 no issues, not really worried about whether or not its going to blow.

What mode do you usually drive your raptor in? It feels like my normal mode is faster and shifts smoother than Sport but than again it just feels like it and maybe a whole dif story at the track.

OP
OP
N

Nick11

Reaction score
Thread = useless and OP = tool.

Lol, In moments you have to take a step back and just admire how the Internet brings out the best in human nature.

It's one thing to call me out for posting similar threads in previous forums, but to now digress to name calling.

I GUARANTEE , you would have issues maintaining eye contact with me in real life let alone making comments such as this to my face. If venting on the internet makes you feel like a big man so be it.

Anyways this thread has certainly gotten out of control.

End Thread

Last edited: