Why Tune your F150 Raptor ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

Nick11

Reaction score
Why is the throttle lazy?

Drivability for the masses. Off-road friendliness. Etc.

As to why they left so much power on the table? Longevity? Sure. Engineering design specs? Sure. Emissions? Sure.

MPT’s numbers are accurate.

When I tell you the different is outrageous.... you just can’t know until you try.

Thanks again for your response. Based on the Dyno numbers that MPT has posted, I do believe you!

I will probably give it another year or so, and if you all haven't blown your engines I will probably give a tune a try.

Kamil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tune is a flash, if you have an issue with your truck you can always flash it back to stock before taking it back to the dealer.

If you owned sports cars and kept them stock keep this stock and let it be.

I owned many high end cars including exotics and none of them were stock. This is why my raptor after 2 weeks of ownership is already tuned. Its something we do cant really explain it. If you are 5% unsure simply wait till ur 100% sure to do it.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
17+K miles on my truck, MPT PRX93 no issues, not really worried about whether or not its going to blow.

LoganR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tune is a flash, if you have an issue with your truck you can always flash it back to stock before taking it back to the dealer.

I owned many high end cars including exotics and none of them were stock. This is why my raptor after 2 weeks of ownership is already tuned. Its something we do cant really explain it. If you are 5% unsure simply wait till ur 100% sure to do it.

Just to quell any misinformation, tuning it back to stock won’t help you if you have a powertrain issue that can be attributed to a tune. They can tell you’ve tuned it, and flashed it back.

OP
OP
N

Nick11

Reaction score

Dodge would have a system , that as soon as you performed any flash it would save a code telling techs the vehicle was modified. I am sure Ford has a similar system.

Agree with the rest of what you said however.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Do you ask this same question on all of the forums you join? It appears you're receiving the same information you've already been given.

Anyone else planning on NOT doing performance mods for their Hellcat?

Sounds like a silly question, but I am curious if there are others planning on not modifying they HC's..... at least until warranty is up anyways.

I came to the conclusion with my M5 that modifying a daily driver on an already insanely powerful car is kinda like cheating on your insanely hot wife.... Your pretty much just doing it because you can, and not really going to get much enjoyment out of it ... lol

I think the concept of having this car as a daily driver Winter & Summer... with a full warranty is ******* awesome. No need for me to modify this car at all except for some Nitto 555r's 275's on the rears for Summer & some Blizzak tires for Winter.

Anyone else agree?

Anyone else planning on NOT doing performance mods for their Hellcat? | SRT Hellcat Forum

OP
OP
N

Nick11

Reaction score
Do you ask this same question on all of the forums you join? It appears you're receiving the same information you've already been given.

Anyone else planning on NOT doing performance mods for their Hellcat? | SRT Hellcat Forum

WOW, someone has a major case of the Trolls and way too much time on their hands.

Buddy I already agreed to let your posts with the obvious intention of inciting a negative response from me go, then you out do yourself....

Please with all due respect leave this post and all other of my future posts alone, as I will not be feeding your troll like behavior any further...

:win:

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Maybe you should just put some tires on your Raptor so you don't void your warranty.

Well said!

I especially agree with your point regarding a modified vehicle. My hellcat will be the first performance vehicle I have owned that will not be modified other than tires... Modifying your vehicle ALWAYS comes with problems that are just not worth it... You always end up in this cycle of spending obscene amounts of money chasing that high I would get when feeling increased gforce when I smash on the gas pedal...

Putting up my B5 Charger Hellcat for sale? | SRT Hellcat Forum