Why not the new Voodoo 5.2L from GT350 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JD 500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would Ford really design a motor, just for the GT350, and not offer it in any other vehicle ?

526 hp 429 ft/lbs revs to 8200.

?

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its an amazing motor but designed for high revving applications. More suited for the Ford GT than the Raptor. I would take the 5.0L Whippled motor out of the new Cobra Jet for the Raptor..

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not enough torque ?

No, it has the torque just not in the correct area. A truck needs torque down low on the RPM curve, pretty much the sooner the better which isnt where the Voodoo makes its torque. The Voodoo makes max torque at 4750 rpm and peak HP at 7500 rpms.

All of that works well for the GT350 because its a track car where you will be keeping it wrapped out. You wont be driving a heavy ass truck like you are going to be driving a track car like the GT350. Power needs to be down low in a truck for pulling, mud, and most offroad applications. It would work well if your truck lives in Baja where you can blast across the desert at high speed everyday and dont plan on towing but in most offroad applications peddle to the floor driving is just going to break everything.

Last edited:

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
No, it has the torque just not in the correct area. A truck needs torque down low on the RPM curve, pretty much the sooner the better which isnt where the Voodoo makes its torque. The Voodoo makes max torque at 4750 rpm and peak HP at 7500 rpms.

All of that works well for the GT350 because its a track car where you will be keeping it wrapped out. You wont be driving a heavy ass truck like you are going to be driving a track car like the GT350. Power needs to be down low in a truck for pulling, mud, and most offroad applications. It would work well if your truck lives in Baja where you can blast across the desert at high speed everyday and dont plan on towing but in most offroad applications peddle to the floor driving is just going to break everything.

Take note @RDFTS:ROFLJest:

D

Deleted member 12951

I can't think of too many times where I had the peddle to the floor when off-roading, if ever. I do like to keep in the low gears and lock out 4-6 so I only stay in 2nd most of the time and bump to 3rd when needed. Agree, the torque and power is where you have control, not the high speed stuff.