GEN 2 Who is interested in a Whipple Stage 1 Group Buy?

interested in whipple stage1?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chattermark

Reaction score

ray101381

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just bought new ones, cuz i didn't want to regap the used ones, even though my truck has less than 1000 miles, i think they were 45 ish for a set of 6, the gaps as they come were around 0.030-0.032

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guy I’m ready to get the mpt tune and try it, especially since you have had both and run the mpt tune. That is all the proof I need that’s it the better tune but when I called them right before I got my 5 star tune they told me that they did not want to release a tune for the 2018s because they have not yet had a 18 on their dyno or something like that. I definitely want to just buy their tune and use my tuner so I don’t waste money. So I guess I will just wait on them to hopefully get a 18 tune released. Whipple wants to sell their tune with tuner for like 730 bucks. I called them today. Not sure why they want just sell the tune and let people use ngauge.

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

I know one thing I had my cai , down pipes and the Borla atak with h pipe not x pipe cause with dp and stuff it supposedly sounds horrible with x pipe, and I still didn’t really like the sound. It sounded like a fart can, I couldn’t get the spd turbo adapters installed till a couple weeks later and it made a huge difference in the sound now coming out of the Borla atak. It sounds really good now, I love it. All time people say it sounds good, it’s not to loud and sounds probably as good as you can get the truck to sound. But without spd turbo adapters it was horrible, so that little difference in gap of the adapters for sure creates a lot more air flow. In my opinion you definitely need the spd adapters in the truck if your doing performance mods.

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

I know one thing I had my cai , down pipes and the Borla atak with h pipe not x pipe cause with dp and stuff it supposedly sounds horrible with x pipe, and I still didn’t really like the sound. It sounded like a fart can, I couldn’t get the spd turbo adapters installed till a couple weeks later and it made a huge difference in the sound now coming out of the Borla atak. It sounds really good now, I love it. All time people say it sounds good, it’s not to loud and sounds probably as good as you can get the truck to sound. But without spd turbo adapters it was horrible, so that little difference in gap of the adapters for sure creates a lot more air flow. In my opinion you definitely need the spd adapters in the truck if your doing performance mods.

We both run 93 in our trucks, they don’t sell 91 anywhere Around my house, it’s 87,89 or 93

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting .... I’ll be running the whipple kit with spd adaptors wonder how much of a difference it will make compared to no spd

I was wondering about this. The stage 3 motorsports website clams 24 hp gain just from the spd adaptors.

2017-2018 Raptor 3.5L EcoBoost SPD High Flow Turbo Exhaust Adapter ADPT35

I might eventually go with the whipple stage 1 kit. Does the whipple adjust their tune for the fact that you have spd adaptors or does this not matter?

I also wonder if a truck with say a full race intercooler with spd adaptors and the MPT 93 tune would smoke a truck with spd adaptors and the whipple stage 1. I wonder if MPT adjusts for these modifications.

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven’t asked them about the tune with the adaptors as figured they run fine in stock truck. Seems to run well with other tunes without specific tuning for them so figure might just add few ponies/ tq compared to what it might Produce without them .

ss_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just dropped out. I don’t know what the process is to add the next man up. I’d probably call whipple and ask them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was told two weeks ago it would ship last Friday. I called Monday and was told it would ship today yet no tracking information. Anyone have any luck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ace75

Reaction score
Toadster, can you post the list so we know how far back in line we are?
Thanks

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
should be shipping today and tomorrow

all that have been contacted are the ones that are in on the deal, sorry if some of you missed out - maybe next round!

Status
Not open for further replies.