White Smoke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
No but I bet that’s where all the missing oil in going on the trucks that are burning oil. I think Andy is right, a seal in the turbo.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it's oil smoke- it's either bad rings, bad valve stem seals, or a bad turbo. Where else could the oil possibly come from?

cdurbin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not entirely sure why everyone automatically jumps to white smoke being a turbo failure.

More often than not, a blueish hue to smoke means oil is burning. White more often than not is just coolant/water/condensation. If it smells sweet, coolant. Black is excess fuel.

Now this isn’t ALWAYS he case, but more often than not it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went back and actually read the original post, mine definitely does not smoke.

Last edited:

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No but I bet that’s where all the missing oil in going on the trucks that are burning oil. I think Andy is right, a seal in the turbo.

We had a bad turbo seal on a duramax many years ago and poured white smoke. It was pouring oil into the downpipe.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've never heard of any vehicle ever made that pours smoke from the tailpipe for miles just because it sat and idled for an hour.

Last edited:

Twin Raptors

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’ve had the white smoke thing happen to me twice. Both times the truck sat idling, for a period of about 20 minutes each. I shut the truck off both times for appointments, returning a short time later. Started the truck driving away. Accelerated seeing the white smoke pour out of the exhaust. It doesn’t happen for long though. It eventually clears up.

Both times the truck was parked on an incline. The first time it was facing downwards, the second time it was facing upwards.

As long as it doesn’t idle for a long time, the smoke thing doesn’t happen.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
So I’ve had the white smoke thing happen to me twice. Both times the truck sat idling, for a period of about 20 minutes each. I shut the truck off both times for appointments, returning a short time later. Started the truck driving away. Accelerated seeing the white smoke pour out of the exhaust. It doesn’t happen for long though. It eventually clears up.

Both times the truck was parked on an incline. The first time it was facing downwards, the second time it was facing upwards.

As long as it doesn’t idle for a long time, the smoke thing doesn’t happen.

does it do it on both of your raptors?