White Smoke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Repman

Reaction score
I will try to replicate today and see what it smells like. The two times I've noticed it was on a busy road. So far I haven't noticed any coolant loss or oil loss but this has just started for me. It is smoke for sure and is excessive. I will update with my findings and try to get a pic.

Panduh

Reaction score
My truck has done this a few times. It looks like I’m driving a jalopy.

I thought it was from idling at a slight decline the first time. Nope, anytime I let it idle for longer than 10min it will pour smoke out of both tail pipes for about half a mile or so. Dealership literally said not to worry about it....

Sasha4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe this is why no ones tailgating me...:biggrin:

I haven't seen anything but barely over 200 miles now

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I was going to quip that if you can make your truck dispense smoke, or steam, this would be a feature, not a bug.

However, this could cause you to fail inspection in the more tyrannical states.
I don’t think I’ve had the truck idling for more than 10 minutes except for one time while upgrading sync. I may need to try this :biggrin:

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yea but there are key differences in steam and oil clouds.

oil wont go away like steam will and you shouldnt suddenly hit a steam pocket after you have been driving around.

exhausts are hot as balls and with all that airflow, maybe its possible idk.