Whipple tune only

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is there just a tune? I realize the IC is a huge part of the gain seen on the stage 1 but was wondering if anyone has tried just the tune.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have their intercooler.

It didn’t do anything to make my truck faster, but it does help keep it from losing power due to heat soak.

Don’t expect any real power from the intercooler.

Is there just a tune? I realize the IC is a huge part of the gain seen on the stage 1 but was wondering if anyone has tried just the tune.

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s kinda what I’m thinking. No doubt the IC with help keep the hp up during sustained use. But I’m wondering how things do with just the tune. I would prefer to not have the cai as well.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
diving right into the new tribe I see.

Guy’s on to the truth here. The intercooler will kind of insulate you from more power loss on repeat runs without a sufficient cool down period once you start upping power. Under normal use, the stock IC is fine. Raptor Assault kind of bears this out. Once you start increasing power by tune, you need a new i/c.

I think the stock unit may have 5-10% overhead, tops before you start seeing some performance loss due to heat soaking, and that’s just a guess really.

I’m leaning in Gsteve’s direction too but time will tell. Actually if the chipwerke had been validated that would be a bit cheaper but oh well.

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I called today. Tune only 759.00. Increase was a bit lower than the stage one but still impressive. I’m sure a version with the IC will be better but this was interesting.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re out of luck with the whipple tune.

There isn’t a return to stock option and it imbeds itself deeply into the ecu

It’s the only reason I haven’t tried it. I’d lose my other tunes

Did they tell you if its easy to flash back to stock?

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You’re out of luck with the whipple tune.

There isn’t a return to stock option and it imbeds itself deeply into the ecu

It’s the only reason I haven’t tried it. I’d lose my other tunes

Oh thats interesting !!! And certainly something to consider. There must be a reason they didn't use a tuner module that would allow a stock tune?