GEN 2 Whipple Stage 1 Kit Feedback Thread!

Feedback on Whipple Tune

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the last picture where you are driving at 70 MPH and 4K RPMs while taking a picture of your Altimeter on your wrist... :biggrin:

Those were test runs to figure out exactly what altitude and RPM it can no longer hold 20psi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Greetings all,
I had a lot of hesitation and general transmission or other powertrain stuttering and hesitation / shifting issues prior to installing the Stage I Whipple kit. Installing the Stage I kit created a lot more power, but made the issues that much more prevalent. After all the frustration and disappointment with the Trucks performance and worrying about never seeing this issue rectified; I found the light at the end of the tunnel. I received an updated tune from Whipple a few days ago which was supposed to address and correct these issues and BANG.....DONE!!! Thanks to whomever got this tune written; may it be FORD or WHIPPLE (or / and). My Raptor runs like it should have out of the box. Someone got it right, and since I got the updated tune from WHIPPLE, I give KUDOS to them for providing the updated tune. NAIL ON THE HEAD GUYS; Thank YOU!!

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just updated, night and day difference, not as harsh on the shifts in SPORT, less odd things happening.

Apex Ace

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couldn’t be happier with the results. Installation was rather easy..... 1/2 hour to do the intake. 1 1/2 to do to the intercooler. I emailed them my stock file and had a tune within an hour. The truck runs great!
-Dave

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The weird rattles and diesel engine noises are gone as well.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I know the answer, but will installing the Stage 1 kit void your Ford warranty?

Absolutely. They barely warranty a stock engine. Too many reports of trucks sitting in stalls for months awaiting a decision from corporate.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Anyone in California with whipple? No carb compliance, did they reach out to you to tell you or offer any information about CARB approval if/when?