GEN 2 Whipple Stage 1 Kit Feedback Thread!

Feedback on Whipple Tune

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArcticRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The CAI and Intercooler are installed, but until I can have the dealership fix a rattle that I have underneath the truck, I'm going to hold off on the tune. I can definitely hear the turbo's better now.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The CAI and Intercooler are installed, but until I can have the dealership fix a rattle that I have underneath the truck, I'm going to hold off on the tune. I can definitely hear the turbo's better now.

Did you install yourself? How long/involved on the IC if so? Not worried about the CAI, but would really only do one if the Turbos sound that much better. You still have the piped in exhaust "on" too?

ArcticRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you install yourself? How long/involved on the IC if so? Not worried about the CAI, but would really only do one if the Turbos sound that much better. You still have the piped in exhaust "on" too?

It looked pretty straight forward to do the install, but I had the dealership install everything since I didn't have the time and I wanted them to be familiar with the truck and mods in case any issues came up down the road.

I have the Borla ATAK with X-pipe, and haven't changed anything with the sound in the cab. I didn't realize I could do that before it was explained on here, and I'm not sure where to look to turn it off.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looked pretty straight forward to do the install, but I had the dealership install everything since I didn't have the time and I wanted them to be familiar with the truck and mods in case any issues came up down the road.

I have the Borla ATAK with X-pipe, and haven't changed anything with the sound in the cab. I didn't realize I could do that before it was explained on here, and I'm not sure where to look to turn it off.

As far as I know you need the ForScan Software to turn it off. I chose to leave it on as I will retain stock exhaust and it doesn't bother me, but I know many that feel otherwise. To each their own.

I hear ya on the time thing...biggest issue for me as well...Good to know the dealer was fine w/doing it for you. Mine would be as well if I needed to go that route for anything.

Retaining the Stock ByPass Valve, vs. a Vent to Atmosphere Blow Off Valve, how much louder/better do the Turbos sound ya think w/the CAI? Did you go Whipple CAI or another route?

ArcticRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I know you need the ForScan Software to turn it off. I chose to leave it on as I will retain stock exhaust and it doesn't bother me, but I know many that feel otherwise. To each their own.

I hear ya on the time thing...biggest issue for me as well...Good to know the dealer was fine w/doing it for you. Mine would be as well if I needed to go that route for anything.

Retaining the Stock ByPass Valve, vs. a Vent to Atmosphere Blow Off Valve, how much louder/better do the Turbos sound ya think w/the CAI? Did you go Whipple CAI or another route?

Yes, I purchased the Whipple set up with the CAI and the Intercooler. I wouldn't say it was a huge increase in sound, they are just a little more noticeable now with some increased volume. I had a 2005 F150 with a Whipple Supercharger, so my expectations on noise from forced induction is a little higher since I really enjoyed that whine I got before. I was hoping to be able to hear them spool up and "whoosh" a little more.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I purchased the Whipple set up with the CAI and the Intercooler. I wouldn't say it was a huge increase in sound, they are just a little more noticeable now with some increased volume. I had a 2005 F150 with a Whipple Supercharger, so my expectations on noise from forced induction is a little higher since I really enjoyed that whine I got before. I was hoping to be able to hear them spool up and "whoosh" a little more.

10-4...Yeah, for the Woosh, you'd need to replace the Bypass Valve with a Vent to Atmosphere Blow off Valve...but nothing will replace the whine of the Blower ;-)

ArcticRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can definitely hear the turbo's better now with the tune installed. The shifting is so much nicer, both in normal and sport mode. I've gotten on it a couple of times, but am still easing into the new tune. The truck is obviously faster and the tires will break loose much easier. The acceleration at higher speeds is impressive. I haven't tried any launches from stop yet.

The dealer couldn't track down my rattle noise coming from behind the front skid plate, so I still have some annoying noise that comes and goes from down there. I plan to head over and take them out for an extended drive to try and track it down.

As for the performance upgrades (Borla and Whipple Stage 1), I've satisfied with the purchases!

Obscure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two months later and I am still waiting for a stock tune. This is after I told them I am having erratic shifting with the transmission still and need to return it to stock to take it to the dealer.

My experience with Whipple customer service has been horrendous. I have contacted them numerous times and I never get a callback or update. Very aggravating and disappointing to say the least.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two months later and I am still waiting for a stock tune. This is after I told them I am having erratic shifting with the transmission still and need to return it to stock to take it to the dealer.

My experience with Whipple customer service has been horrendous. I have contacted them numerous times and I never get a callback or update. Very aggravating and disappointing to say the least.

Have you got in touch with the Whipple guy in this thread - he seemed very responsive to the other poster having issues.

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can definitely hear the turbo's better now with the tune installed. The shifting is so much nicer, both in normal and sport mode. I've gotten on it a couple of times, but am still easing into the new tune. The truck is obviously faster and the tires will break loose much easier. The acceleration at higher speeds is impressive. I haven't tried any launches from stop yet.

The dealer couldn't track down my rattle noise coming from behind the front skid plate, so I still have some annoying noise that comes and goes from down there. I plan to head over and take them out for an extended drive to try and track it down.

As for the performance upgrades (Borla and Whipple Stage 1), I've satisfied with the purchases!

Most likely the waste gates rattle -very common

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk