GEN 2 Whipple Stage 1 Kit Feedback Thread!

Feedback on Whipple Tune

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well you can search "best supercharger manufactures" all day that still doesn't tell you who's the best or #1

Everyone has their favorites, I will admit, that I'm a Whipple fan boy, and proud of it!!!

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

You mean I asked for a stock tune and they flat out told me no. only if their is an issue the dealership can’t diagnose. When they stated we can get a stock tune any time. And I have the original email where they told me 48hrs then 3 weeks later said no only if an issue ... oh and there’s this too!

Since I don't work for Whipple, I cannot make any comments to your post.
Whipple has always come through for us Raptor owners.
Again, I'm sorry your having an issue but I still feel confident that your particular situation will get resolved.

Last edited:

dd07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you can search "best supercharger manufactures" all day that still doesn't tell you who's the best or #1

Everyone has their favorites, I will admit, that I'm a Whipple fan boy, and proud of it!!!

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Since I don't work for Whipple, I cannot make any comments to your post.
Whipple has always come through for use Raptor owners.
Again, I'm sorry your having an issue but I still feel confident that your particular situation will get resolved.

Oh yeah...for me - NJ Devils are #1 too.
End of story.
Basta.

Obscure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock intercooler is the same part number as the one for the 2.7L Eco. We all know that stock IC can't handle stock Gen2 Boost much beyond March in FL so they were likely throwing everything they had at it.

I've done full power data logged runs into the triple digits and intake temps drop at WOT with the Whipple intercooler. I left the seal out. I think the seal has more to do with ensuring the electric fans draw air from the front of the truck while stopped in traffic vs some air sneaking around from the backside and just circulating in a continuous hot loop. Think about all the ambient heat under the truck vs the front.

My .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear ya OPT, I was just letting others know you HAVE to leave the seal out to fit the Whipple Megacooler (the Whipple instructions failed to mention this though).

DallasDave

Reaction score
No sir.
My Raptor does not have a supercharger or a tune.
I'm absolutely neutral and have no opinion whatsoever.

I just googled for "best supercharger manufacturers".
Period.
Do it for yourself and prove me wrong. And *yes* google is a "FAKE NEWS" aggregator, but this one ain't news.

I did send my PCM back to Whipple to check the tune due to Truck popping P0235 code. Overboost. Dealer would not touch my truck with recalibrated PCM. So i bought new PCM through my Ford Parts account and had Ford Program it.

Figure all would be good and I could run the stock PCM when going in for service and the Whipple the rest of the time.

Whipple took and cleared the code, checked the tune and sent it back at no charge. So after 3-4 months ( Wanting to make sure Code didn’t come back.) I reinstalled it and nothing! PCM dead!!! From Whipple to my office desk and to my truck. No damaged to shipping container. So I reached out to Whipple and no reply from Jeff Tiller. I did spend the $300 something to get the flash tool they offer now to customers that paid for the recalibrated PCM but afraid to install it. He wouldn’t even respond when I was trying to order programmer. Had to reach out to Shonda. She did a great job and got the programmer to me within a couple days.

But now I’m stuck with a dead PCM that was working when I sent it to Whipple. With that code being stored in the PCM it goes into a safety power mode so if doesn’t cause any damage. Drove truck to dealer in limp mode.

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeff Tiller is no longer responding to emails as well. Maybe he got fired.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did send my PCM back to Whipple to check the tune due to Truck popping P0235 code. Overboost. Dealer would not touch my truck with recalibrated PCM. So i bought new PCM through my Ford Parts account and had Ford Program it.

Figure all would be good and I could run the stock PCM when going in for service and the Whipple the rest of the time.

Whipple took and cleared the code, checked the tune and sent it back at no charge. So after 3-4 months ( Wanting to make sure Code didn’t come back.) I reinstalled it and nothing! PCM dead!!! From Whipple to my office desk and to my truck. No damaged to shipping container. So I reached out to Whipple and no reply from Jeff Tiller. I did spend the $300 something to get the flash tool they offer now to customers that paid for the recalibrated PCM but afraid to install it. He wouldn’t even respond when I was trying to order programmer. Had to reach out to Shonda. She did a great job and got the programmer to me within a couple days.

But now I’m stuck with a dead PCM that was working when I sent it to Whipple. With that code being stored in the PCM it goes into a safety power mode so if doesn’t cause any damage. Drove truck to dealer in limp mode.

How much was the new PCM from Ford?

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s definitely something not right here with getting your stock tune!!