GEN 2 Whipple Stage 1 Kit Feedback Thread!

Feedback on Whipple Tune

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Notn41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this tune and cooler compatible with add winch bumper? And radar cruise control?

Also does it void warranty?

Chayse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Whipple intercooler will not fit with the Winch bumper from ADD. you would need the Full race relocated intercooler.

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've asked for my stock tune for a while now and they won't send it to me. I emailed Jeff a couple weeks ago and no reply. I'm a huge fan of Whipple, but this kind of shit ****** me off.

Obscure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why they don't just backup the stock tune to the SD card during the process of installing the Whipple one.

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've asked for my stock tune for a while now and they won't send it to me. I emailed Jeff a couple weeks ago and no reply. I'm a huge fan of Whipple, but this kind of shit ****** me off.

I’m having the same problem!!

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the picture of the stock bracket that needs to be removed to fit the Whipple Mega Cooler. May seem obvious to some, but I was weary of removing it if it was supposed to serve as a seal around the front of the intercooler to ensure proper airflow.

mmcu1t.jpg

The stock intercooler is the same part number as the one for the 2.7L Eco. We all know that stock IC can't handle stock Gen2 Boost much beyond March in FL so they were likely throwing everything they had at it.

I've done full power data logged runs into the triple digits and intake temps drop at WOT with the Whipple intercooler. I left the seal out. I think the seal has more to do with ensuring the electric fans draw air from the front of the truck while stopped in traffic vs some air sneaking around from the backside and just circulating in a continuous hot loop. Think about all the ambient heat under the truck vs the front.

My .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be nice for the whipple rep to chime in on why they are going back on their word and ******* customers

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

Also
This was one the main selling points for me. Being able revert back to stock with no problem. Maybe we all need get together and put some pressure on them . Can somebody tag them on here so they see this or toadster can you give the rep that made the deals number .