GEN 2 Whipple Stage 1 Kit Feedback Thread!

Feedback on Whipple Tune

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
awesome! I cant wait to install my parts and feel the gains myself.
so are the gains about 62whp and 50wtq? shouldnt the torque gains be higher than that based on the info on whipple's website, or am i reading it incorrectly?

Also, how would you roughly convert these dyno numbers (whp/wtq) to bhp/tq?

stock rating is 450/510 bhp
my truck made 348/400 rwhp so about 22.6% to drivetrain loss (granted I have the SPD adapters installed too)

upgraded numbers are 410/449 rwhp
so if you take the numbers x 1.22% you get 500/548 bhp

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 AM ----------

This is on crummy 91 octane right?

Few
More ponies if you can find real premium.

Strange that the power comes on later in these runs?

yup 91 octane here in commiefornia :ROFLJest:

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bud

I think you kinda confirmed what I already thought.

The SPD adapters aren’t doing a darn thing.
Don’t feel bad. I have them too... and I didn’t think they did anything either. It was another one of my experiments.

350 is standard for this truck... and a bump to 410 is a nice delta from Whipple.

It’s not 450 which is where MPT is hanging.

And it’s shy of Gearhead too by a clip.

But you knew what you were buying... and you have value in your purchase. Enjoy it!

I can’t wait for someone.... hint hint.... Gearhead.... make a simple turbo swap to break the 500WHP safely.

stock rating is 450/510 bhp
my truck made 348/400 rwhp so about 22.6% to drivetrain loss (granted I have the SPD adapters installed too)

upgraded numbers are 410/449 rwhp
so if you take the numbers x 1.22% you get 500/548 bhp

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 AM ----------

yup 91 octane here in commiefornia :ROFLJest:

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bud

Don’t feel bad. I have them too... and I didn’t think they did anything either. It was another one of my experiments.

350 is standard for this truck... and a bump to 410 is a nice delta from Whipple.

But you knew what you were buying... and you have value in your purchase. Enjoy it!

I can’t wait for someone.... hint hint.... Gearhead.... make a simple turbo swap to break the 500WHP safely.

Guy,

Can you please post some dynojet charts showing MPT and Gearheads tunes and what they put down to the rear wheels using 91 octane?

I want to see where you got the information to back your statement- Thanks.

BTW - Whipple sent me an updated tune file yesterday and its WAY better in normal mode now- trans shifts better, better throttle response, etc. I dont feel inclined to put it in Sport mode now. If you are still running the original tune you got from Whipple prior to the new year, hit them up and ask for the updated tune !

Last edited:

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re right.

91 octane is a different animal. At 91 octane they probably aren’t that much different - and in California.... that’s all you can run anyway.

So I should clarify.... at 91 octane I didn’t see a curve but from what I understand it’s about 15 horsepower less.

Guy,

Can you please post some dynojet charts showing MPT and Gearheads tunes and what they put down to the rear wheels using 91 octane?

BTW - Whipple sent me an updated tune file yesterday and its WAY better in normal mode now- trans shifts better, better throttle response, etc. I dont feel inclined to put it in Sport mode now. If you are still running the original tune you got from Whipple prior to the new year, hit them up and ask for the updated tune !

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

I’m blessed to have 93 on every corner.

It’s all the more reason that it makes sense for me to go with a hotter tune.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Bud

Why not go with the bigger GT or Borla turbos that the other ecoboost people have tried?

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guy,

Did the new tune feel less powerful then the first tune? The tranny is night and day better on the new tune but the truck felt more stock in the power department.