Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2]

Whipple Performance Upgrade Kit and Tune

This is a discussion on Whipple Performance Upgrade Kit and Tune within the Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
The Whipple Tune has gone through durability testing and is 50 State legal. Can't say what Ford Racing/Performance will do, ...

User Tag List

Like Tree100Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2017, 03:36 PM   #71 (permalink)

MTF
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
The Whipple Tune has gone through durability testing and is 50 State legal.
Can't say what Ford Racing/Performance will do, it would be all here say and misleading information at this point and time.
I can say Whipple and Ford SVT took two years of R&D to make the Whipple kit for the 6.2L Raptor before I got mine in the spring of 2012
I waited a year and half before they finally shipped mine to the SVT dealership. When SVT was still a thing. LOL

Not a Raptor but who knows what the future will bring.
Also Whipple and Shelby are very busy working together.
https://www.facebook.com/whipplesupe...54905520092322
Toadster likes this.

Whipple 700+ HP Upgrade Package, Oil and Fuel pump upgrades, Custom Deavers +2 Rear Springs, Axle Exchange Driveshaft, Rogue Racing Traction Bars, Hellwig rear sway bar, Pace Edward electric bed cover with remote, Pop & Lock Tail Gate lock, Mud Flaps, Window Rain Guards, EZ Down Tailgate, Bed Rug,
Future Installs: Brembo Brakes 15" Gran Turismo

Last edited by MTF; 09-13-2017 at 04:31 PM.
MTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:44 PM   #72 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default Whipple Performance Upgrade Kit and Tune
I'm Thinking whipple is the FP tune it just needs to clear all govt testing regulations for longevity etc[/quote]

That’s what I been wondering/thinking too.
Glamisfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:05 PM   #73 (permalink)
Guy
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I'm thinking I don't care about 50 state carb compliance. I'm thinking I've heard enough Whipple fear mongering too.

If you read this thread MR Whipple and his fanboys will tell you every tune is bad and only theirs is the path to salvation.

News flashes. They haven't set a single truck ecoboost record that I'm aware. They are beating the drum as to how great their tune is without posting a dyno graph. They want to sell you a kit with an intercooler that most people don't need.

I'll say it one last time. It sounds like a perfectly fine mild tune. I'll be happy to let you admire my tail lights at the next traffic light.

QUOTE=Glamisfan;1197805]I'm Thinking whipple is the FP tune it just needs to clear all govt testing regulations for longevity etc[/quote]

That’s what I been wondering/thinking too.[/QUOTE]
AKLA likes this.
Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:14 PM   #74 (permalink)
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

The dyno chart has been on their website since the kit was announced. It's been posted/linked on the forum many times.

Unless your disposable income is significantly higher than mine, I think you'd have to be nuts to let some chop shop tune a brand new motor in a brand new truck. I can only imagine what a shiny new EB 3.5 HO TT costs from Ford. Sounds expensive, though.

But hey, I love it when other people find the edge for me.
DallasDave likes this.

Old 09-13-2017, 05:56 PM   #75 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Guy View Post
I'm thinking I don't care about 50 state carb compliance. I'm thinking I've heard enough Whipple fear mongering too.

If you read this thread MR Whipple and his fanboys will tell you every tune is bad and only theirs is the path to salvation.

News flashes. They haven't set a single truck ecoboost record that I'm aware.

[/QUOTE]

I don't want records I want driveability, power, sustainability...
DallasDave likes this.

Toadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:57 PM   #76 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Weve installed the whipple tune and intake with intercooler without issues. Seemed pretty damn peppy.

Old 09-13-2017, 06:44 PM   #77 (permalink)

MTF
FRF Addict

(Thread Starter)

News flashes. They haven't set a single truck ecoboost record that I'm aware. They are beating the drum as to how great their tune is without posting a dyno graph. They want to sell you a kit with an intercooler that most people don't need.

I'll say it one last time. It sounds like a perfectly fine mild tune. I'll be happy to let you admire my tail lights at the next traffic light.

Not one time did I or Whipple claim the MPT Tune is bad!
Us long time Raptor owners have seen this with H_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ and some other speed shops.
Time is the only factor that's missing.

BTW, When the Stage 2 is ready you won't be saying that any longer. OK MR. MPT FAN BOY!!!! LMAO
Truckzor likes this.

Whipple 700+ HP Upgrade Package, Oil and Fuel pump upgrades, Custom Deavers +2 Rear Springs, Axle Exchange Driveshaft, Rogue Racing Traction Bars, Hellwig rear sway bar, Pace Edward electric bed cover with remote, Pop & Lock Tail Gate lock, Mud Flaps, Window Rain Guards, EZ Down Tailgate, Bed Rug,

Last edited by MTF; 09-13-2017 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:01 PM   #78 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

I'm in for stage 2, any pricing idea?

RPG Stage 3,RPG Tie rods , RPG UCA Pre -Runner ,American Ricing Headers,Whipple SC, Wicked dead pedal, Backflip F1,Method DS,Recon Front and Rear lights ,Rigid 2x4" bar lights,RPG power steering reservoir,Moroso Oil/Air Separator ,KHC Rock Sliders,EZGate,ARH Lightning Style exhaust, JL Audio speakers+sub +2amp's,Fox stage 3+ , KHC rear bumper and Undercover Tire Carrier , JDM Performance tune .
metronyc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:04 PM   #79 (permalink)

MTF
FRF Addict

(Thread Starter)
Hey buddy, long time no talk. Whipple said it's not ready yet. didn't give a time frame.
You still have both Raptors?

Old 09-13-2017, 09:26 PM   #80 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

yes, I'm keeping the Gen1 it's not for sale it's my baby. The Gen2 it's my daily bitch for work :) .
MTF likes this.

RPG Stage 3,RPG Tie rods , RPG UCA Pre -Runner ,American Ricing Headers,Whipple SC, Wicked dead pedal, Backflip F1,Method DS,Recon Front and Rear lights ,Rigid 2x4" bar lights,RPG power steering reservoir,Moroso Oil/Air Separator ,KHC Rock Sliders,EZGate,ARH Lightning Style exhaust, JL Audio speakers+sub +2amp's,Fox stage 3+ , KHC rear bumper and Undercover Tire Carrier , JDM Performance tune .
metronyc is online now   Reply With Quote