Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2]

Whipple Performance Upgrade Kit and Tune

This is a discussion on Whipple Performance Upgrade Kit and Tune within the Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
you know...

User Tag List

Like Tree125Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2017, 11:27 PM   #61 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

you know
Attached Thumbnails
img_0069.jpg  
MTF, Toadster and Micha like this.

solarwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:32 AM   #62 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)

User formerly known as sasquatch77 posting in this thread and still with 2 more accounts I know of.

Time to start whining to the mods again and get his/her remaining accounts banned too.
MTF, Toadster and Micha like this.
smurfslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:20 AM   #63 (permalink)

Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Originally Posted by BajaFred View Post
Are the stage 1 parts used in stage 2 ie a clean upgrade path or do we have to rebuy some stage 1 components
Air kit but there other parts are different. But everything is swappable and there will be many configurations so nobody is out any parts.
Whipple Charged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:20 AM   #64 (permalink)
KWT

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hello Whipple,

I have a Roush CAI, can I just do the Tune+Intercooler?

I want to save some money since I have a CAI already, or do I need to switch my CAI to the whipple CAI? I am currently scheduled to drop my truck to you guys but I am starting to worry about the Roush instake being mixed with your intercooler and tune and that it won't work correctly.

How safe will it be?
K1llD4shN1n3 likes this.
KWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:18 PM   #65 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Wow! Like I said this is just my opinion. No need to insult someone.

I've reviewed their product but have always been a fan of factory PCM tuning. Have a friend at ford soon so not worried about voided warranty issues if I have a problem.

Now for another subject. I've had the top Performance shop in the metroplex and a guy that travels all over refuse to work on 2nd Gen Raptors due to blown motors issues. Tuner guy said Ford has them wrapped pretty tight on power from the factory and doesn't feel comfortable working on them. Has anyone else experienced this?
Mcnawsty likes this.
DallasDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:04 PM   #66 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by DallasDave View Post
Wow! Like I said this is just my opinion. No need to insult someone.

I've reviewed their product but have always been a fan of factory PCM tuning. Have a friend at ford soon so not worried about voided warranty issues if I have a problem.

Now for another subject. I've had the top Performance shop in the metroplex and a guy that travels all over refuse to work on 2nd Gen Raptors due to blown motors issues. Tuner guy said Ford has them wrapped pretty tight on power from the factory and doesn't feel comfortable working on them. Has anyone else experienced this?

I'll be nice with this..... if this was true you think whipple and every tuner out there would be working on them.... you got guys coming from the gtr world now modding these trucks....and FOrd performance is coming out with their own aftermarket tune supposedly .... so think about that
Toadster and DallasDave like this.
xBryanHoodsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:41 PM   #67 (permalink)
Guy
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

Originally Posted by xBryanHoodsx View Post
I'll be nice with this..... if this was true you think whipple and every tuner out there would be working on them.... you got guys coming from the gtr world now modding these trucks....and FOrd performance is coming out with their own aftermarket tune supposedly .... so think about that
Ummmm... just to chime in...

The second gen ecoboost in the Raptor has been out for a whopping 10 months???? And many of them didn't ship or get received until the spring.

What is this "tuner's" sample size? Where are all these blown motors? He's full of crap. He's not working on them because he either doesn't know how or doesn't want to invest in the platform.
SilverBolt likes this.
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:53 PM   #68 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Does Whipple have a warranty available for the tune? I believe that 5 Star does offer a warranty. I blew my engine when it had an MPT tune on it. Not saying it was the tune's fault, I really don't know, and fortunately my dealer covered the engine under warranty, but if it happened again I wouldn't be surprised if I got push back. So, it would be nice to have a backup warranty.
SpeedJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:53 PM   #69 (permalink)

MTF
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
This is some good reading for you guys jumping on Tunes.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/do...ceTechTips.pdf

The Whipple Ford cal is done with factory tools, factory software with OEM type support.
metronyc and Toadster like this.

Whipple 700+ HP Upgrade Package, Oil and Fuel pump upgrades, Custom Deavers +2 Rear Springs, Axle Exchange Driveshaft, Rogue Racing Traction Bars, Hellwig rear sway bar, Pace Edward electric bed cover with remote, Pop & Lock Tail Gate lock, Mud Flaps, Window Rain Guards, EZ Down Tailgate, Bed Rug,
Future Installs: Brembo Brakes 15" Gran Turismo

Last edited by MTF; 09-13-2017 at 04:06 PM.
MTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:24 PM   #70 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by MTF View Post
This is some good reading for you guys jumping on Tunes.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/do...ceTechTips.pdf

The Whipple Ford cal is done with factory tools, factory software with OEM type support.
I'm
Thinking whipple is the FP tune it just needs to clear all govt testing regulations for longevity etc
xBryanHoodsx is offline   Reply With Quote