GEN 2 Whipple Performance Upgrade Kit and Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already had the other items. Bought them before I saw Whipple Chargers had the Stage l product line on Gen 2 Raptors. Just getting the PCM recalibrate through them. They will just do PCM Recalibration. Price is reasonable considering cost of a Programmer.

I'm not buying anything else until I see what their Stage ll consist of.

FYI. If I didn't have the other items I would of bought the Stage l kit from them. I've actually spent a little more than their kit buying the items separate.

So how much does the PCM recalibration alone cost? Do you know what the HP and Tq gains are with the tune only and a different CAI minus their intercooler? I am considering doing this.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the videos! I already have the ATAK and I installed some resonators between the X-pipe and the mufflers to tone it down some on the highway. I drive quite a bit on the highway at 80 and I could hear it a little to much. Have been wondering what it would sound like with those Kooks Green Dps. It def sounds loud. Looking forward to those drive by clips.
It seems like it has better response with it. Rpms seem to climb pretty quick when reving! Thanks again!

Chayse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the PCM recal alone, the same calibration as in the kit? Also, how is the transmission calibration for this?

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was more timing, leaner air fuel. But, on 91 octane, in the summer, it is detonating at all times with WOT, no trailer. The knock sensor follows it, until it loses control during steady state. Then boom, piston fails because they can't take level 3 detonation.

When I had a custom LS7 tuned for track work the tuner asked me whether I wanted the engine to last 12 hours or several seasons. One of the other questions he asked me about was catalytic converter overheat protection. Apparently some engines calculate a point in time when the cat is at risk of overheating and failure, the AFR gets very rich to cool the temps, lots power is lost and more fuel is burned. He disabled this on a ZR1 (blown) and the cats failed within 20 minutes of track work, they never did on my NA application. That being said, do any of these tunes use similar methods to prevent damage to cats under extended runs, like towing many miles up a 6% grade? I also understand there is a world of difference between running flat out on a track and what can be achieved on the street. Are turbo exhaust temperatures something we have to watch at sea level, flooring it at 8,000 feet, maybe up Pikes Peak?

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running the MPT tune after I ran the 5 star tune and a Roush air intake .
I am on the fence of adding a upgraded cooler and like this system but I do not want it loud like yours .. is there any other options for a quit setup similar ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to get a tune so bad, not really worried about warranty I just want a good tune that works well with the transmission. If ford performance ever releases theirs I’m betting it will be the way to go but this whipple stage 1 kit seems safe from what I’ve read from others. Can someone with the whipple tune give me an update on how they feel about the tune now since they have used it for a bit ? Is it smooth with the tranny? Are u getting a good bit of extra performance? And if I installed spd turbo adapters with kooks green downpipe will the whipple tune prevent any codes from popping up? I’ve been told I will get the engine faults if I put on a downpipe with no tune to get rid of them.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is this IC installed in the same location as the factory IC? Or does it relocate it as seen in other brands such as Addictive Desert Design?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

same place as the stock IC - just >50% bigger... which is a problem for some with aftermarket bumpers with winches...

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

I want to get a tune so bad, not really worried about warranty I just want a good tune that works well with the transmission. If ford performance ever releases theirs I’m betting it will be the way to go but this whipple stage 1 kit seems safe from what I’ve read from others. Can someone with the whipple tune give me an update on how they feel about the tune now since they have used it for a bit ? Is it smooth with the tranny? Are u getting a good bit of extra performance? And if I installed spd turbo adapters with kooks green downpipe will the whipple tune prevent any codes from popping up? I’ve been told I will get the engine faults if I put on a downpipe with no tune to get rid of them.

not sure of what can be tuned out - but you may want to try defoulers :)

Q0kqX45.jpg