What Tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnUga

Reaction score
I’m looking to pull the trigger on a tune for my 18 Raptor. Seeing what’s the best one on the market so far with no issues are leaving footprints behind. So basically plug and play and easy to get back to stock if needed

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m in the same process. So far most are suggesting MPT. Brew city boost and gear head also have some who fans here.

Last edited:

Heelfan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently have the livernois and have had it since February. They’d till don’t have the transmission tuning for it yet. Kinda disappoint in them at this point. I have two other ecoboost platforms tuned but them, both 13’s explorer sport and an sho. It adds decent power gains but wishing now I have had tried the mpt tuning.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The tunes most folks talk about on this forum are MPT, Whipple, Gearheads and more recently, Brew City Boost and Livernois. 5-Star has had issues with their Gen 2 tunes and the Chipwerke / Peddle Commander have an external plug & play device which changes the behavior of the factory tune, but not necessarily in a good way. Most folks have abandoned the Chipwerkes device, but several are still fans of the peddle commander.

I am waiting on MPT tunes and Full Race cooler for my 2018, along with SPD Turbo Adapters and a Flowmaster Flow FX muffler.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JohnUga

Reaction score
That’s exact setup I’m thinking about. Let me know how you like it after it’s installed

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s exact setup I’m thinking about. Let me know how you like it after it’s installed

I went with the 170 t-stat and SP 542 spark plugs, as well.

Everything was ordered two weeks ago, but the FR cooler has a 3-4 week lead time. I hope to get it all in sometime next week with the install scheduled for the week after next.

I am also doing 37s, Geiser Springs, Deaver +3s and RPG bump stops at the same time. :biggrin:

Olsen185

Reaction score
I just installed MPT’s 93 octane engine and transmission tune. It is absolutely unbelievable how much it changed my truck. Before the truck was tuned it was fun to drive, but did’t put a smile on my face like my wife’s car (2017 Charger 392). Now the truck pulls so hard and throws you back into your seat. So much fun to drive!! The transmission shifts a lot smoother too. I can’t recommend them enough.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you change out your intercooler?

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

I just installed MPT’s 93 octane engine and transmission tune. It is absolutely unbelievable how much it changed my truck. Before the truck was tuned it was fun to drive, but did’t put a smile on my face like my wife’s car (2017 Charger 392). Now the truck pulls so hard and throws you back into your seat. So much fun to drive!! The transmission shifts a lot smoother too. I can’t recommend them enough.

This one

Olsen185

Reaction score
Not yet. I will if I start having heat soak problems. Haven’t had the need yet