What gas are you using?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I mean, you just describe what engine knock is, which is what octane resists, which is what I stated.

The only thing I am stating differently than you is fact, from the manufacturer.

I mean do you work for exxon or something? you got a crazy hard on for 91/93 fuel.

It's really weird that you think a company forgot what would work with their truck. Like all of a sudden 93 octane is some new fuel that Ford is hesitant to say is needed.

I always find it interesting what people choose to believe and how it's so hard for them to change with new information.

These are new engines with new technology and you are applying old information to it.
Haha no but the Exxon joke made me laugh.

Honestly I think Ford let it pass because they knew all the 8 cylinder freaks would go all heehaw over this.

I think eventually it'll come out, once people swallow the fact that the highest performing truck on earth is, in fact, a 6 cylinder twin turbo. Ford will release a memo.. watch!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
e-30 is about 95 octane a lot cheaper then 91 or 93 regular and e-30 is American made and better for the environment. fact

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You are a fool if you run 87. Do the research, or test for yourself.../QUOTE]

Every Gen 2 owner has gotten at least one tank full of 87, or part of a tank since that’s what is put in the tank before transport and what the dealers put in unless specifically told not to by the buyer at PDI. Even then, there’s no guarantee they’re getting anything but 87.

Calling every current gen2 Raptor owner a fool is a bit over the top.

nukemustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are a fool if you run 87. Do the research, or test for yourself.../QUOTE]

Every Gen 2 owner has gotten at least one tank full of 87, or part of a tank since that’s what is put in the tank before transport and what the dealers put in unless specifically told not to by the buyer at PDI. Even then, there’s no guarantee they’re getting anything but 87.

Calling every current gen2 Raptor owner a fool is a bit over the top.

Funny you say that, I told the dealer to put 93 in it cause that is what I was going to use, and I am using, and they agreed. My wife drove it to the local gas station with the salesman and filled it up while i signed the paperwork. I dont think the extra $15 to put premium in it broke the dealership.

So that tank had whatever 2-3 gallons was shoved in it from the factory, plus the 33 other gallons of 93, but its been BP 93 since then.