What gas are you using?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bbhaynes

Reaction score
I just got my truck and I filled up with 93 octane on my first fill up. Was wondering what everyone else was filling up with? It doesn't specifically say when you open the gas cap. I don't mind paying a little bit extra for 93 but if it doesn't need it no sense in it I guess. Thoughts?

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
People pay a premium for a speciality vehicle, spend thousands modding for horsepower, and then wonder how low a grade of gas they can run to save 10 bucks. Like feeding a race horse ragweed hay

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Bbhaynes Some people are having better luck with higher octane on the Gen2 were as some are just fine with the factory recommended 87 listed in the owners manual. My Gen1 a different animal runs much better at low rpms and idle on higher octane, 87 is listed as capable from the factory. On 87 the Gen1 owners manual also states a horsepower loss of about 10 when running 87 vs 91 not sure if the Gen2 gives different HP amounts for different octane in the manual like the Gen1.

OP
OP
B

Bbhaynes

Reaction score
@Bbhaynes Some people are having better luck with higher octane on the Gen2 were as some are just fine with the factory recommended 87 listed in the owners manual. My Gen1 a different animal runs much better at low rpms and idle on higher octane, 87 is listed as capable from the factory. On 87 the Gen1 owners manual also states a horsepower loss of about 10 when running 87 vs 91 not sure if the Gen2 gives different HP amounts for different octane in the manual like the Gen1.

Makes sense to me. Looks like I'll just run 93. Like someone else said, spend all the money on a performance truck and some people won't put good gas in it. Doesn't make much sense. Thanks for the reassurance of using 93!

Last edited:

brc misfit

FRF Addict
Reaction score
>>>> Looks like I'll just run 93<<<<

smart choice. wish we had 93 is California. we're stuck with a 91 blend with E90. mix a little bit of cinnamon and nut meg with it and you have cola......

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone who's driven any type of high performance highly tuned engine wouldn't need to ask this question. Anyone who says 87 is fine hasn't a clue. Sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk