Well, 3 days at the Dealership and Ford Engineers are....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Kowboy17

Kowboy17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when was urs built ? i'm at 4k miles no oil leak yet.. or did it start leaking after 1st oil change ?

Noticed it around first oil change (3k) but only because I was down there looking. It's very subtle and the only reason I noticed is wiping my hand on the pan (and it was oily). The issue was from the factory not sealing the right hand corner (missing sealant there). I don't think it's an issue with all because it seems this step is a 'human error', missing the sealant. This is why some are and some aren't.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Noticed it around first oil change (3k) but only because I was down there looking. It's very subtle and the only reason I noticed is wiping my hand on the pan (and it was oily). The issue was from the factory not sealing the right hand corner (missing sealant there). I don't think it's an issue with all because it seems this step is a 'human error', missing the sealant. This is why some are and some aren't.
thx, ya i've seen a lot say this is happening. i checked yesterday havent seen it yet. white glove test