Well, 3 days at the Dealership and Ford Engineers are....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kowboy17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here we go.
Last Thursday, driving down hwy in cruise, truck goes from 70 to 40mph, go to get on it, WRENCH & ODB light. Drive to dealer and the saga begins.
Code: Misfire on FordPass

Dealer starts down the road of (with Ford because as everyone is saying, Ford Engineers are figuring it out also). Waste gate adjustment (TSB) = nothing
I talked to the mechanic and he was pissed that the wiring diagrams are off since it's a new engine (side bar). Now it's on to wiring etc and they ordered something Ford advised concerning the throttle somewhere. Ford is closed today so the part won't be here till Wed. I'll keep everyone posted and detail the fix and codes when it hopefully gets back on the road.

P.S., Also had to fix 'the pan' while they were under there...lol. ( I had the same pass bolt leak from the pan and noticed it when I did the oil change).

I will say this though, the truck looks awesome sitting in the bay next to a Focus...lol

OP
OP
Kowboy17

Kowboy17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
91 or 93 Octane only from SHELL / MOBIL / EXXON

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Oh by the way. Also got a code for 4WD / AWD malfunction which wasn't being used (never have with only 3K miles thus far) and it went away after I stopped the truck, turned it off and then cycled it back on.

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm curious if there are codes set from the factory? reason i ask is mine had some dtc codes already stored when i hooked up the laptop and forscan. i cleared them and went on my way. no wrench or anything else. will recheck tonight after the wife gets home.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
Truly, i bet you do have a condensate issue in the intercooler if you have a misfire code. Do yourself a favor and read up on the completely unresolved ecoboost condensate fiasco.

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
holy chit what size drill bit was that? 3" lmao. tbh i would go aftermarket before i drilled a weep hole.

OP
OP
Kowboy17

Kowboy17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truly, i bet you do have a condensate issue in the intercooler if you have a misfire code. Do yourself a favor and read up on the completely unresolved ecoboost condensate fiasco.

Hopefully we'll find out shortly enough. On the bright side, if this doesn't work out, I've got the biggest and best looking 6K pound paper weight in the neighborhood.

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully we'll find out shortly enough. On the bright side, if this doesn't work out, I've got the biggest and best looking 6K pound paper weight in the neighborhood.

fat chick in the bed for traction? i calculated out at 5851. 7050 gvw - 1199 payload. was actually shocked cause it saves me about $200 a year in registration. had the stupid weight fee on my 14 lariat heavy duty cause it was over 6k

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is just an internet forum, and if he/she is so weak that my little suggestion is enough end it all, well, better stay off the internet.