Water in Both Exhaust Pipes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to see water in both exhaust pipes. I know cars do this to some degree. My X5 did it a little but I have noticed an increase in it lately. All temps, levels, etc are in normal range and it is running fine.

I have 3,000 miles.

Any ideas? Prefer fact based, experienced opinions versus "oh crap" its blowing up opinions based on nothing. Not trying to be a DB but have seen some pretty lame stuff thrown around on here thats all.

Thx.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its the water your catalytic converter produces. CONVERTS exhaust gases into environmentally friendly H2O

NO WEEP HOLE REQUIRED, YET!!!!!

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just think of the truck like a dog. likes to mark its territory everywhere. :crazy:
also has more spots to **** from vs my 14 3.5. guess to prevent rusting exhaust..

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm starting to see water in both exhaust pipes. I know cars do this to some degree. My X5 did it a little but I have noticed an increase in it lately. All temps, levels, etc are in normal range and it is running fine.

I have 3,000 miles.

Any ideas? Prefer fact based, experienced opinions versus "oh crap" its blowing up opinions based on nothing. Not trying to be a DB but have seen some pretty lame stuff thrown around on here thats all.

Thx.

I've got gasoline in my gas tank. I had that in another vehicle I owned.

Sometimes there's more gas than other times. When I purchase gasoline the tank is full. Everything seems to be fine - should I be worried?

WTF is wrong with people?!

tightt

Reaction score
This has been happening to ECOboost equipped vehicles for years. You need to drill a weep hole to allow the exhaust to drain. The Squatch can explain in more detail.

:laughing1::laughing1::dogpile::suicide:

OP
OP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got gasoline in my gas tank. I had that in another vehicle I owned.

Sometimes there's more gas than other times. When I purchase gasoline the tank is full. Everything seems to be fine - should I be worried?

WTF is wrong with people?!

If you will read my post and pay attention i stated it is increasing which caused me to ask the question.

Your response is exactly the type I didnt want.

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have 3,000 miles.

Thx.

Levelling kit or other suspension changes?

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This has been happening to ECOboost equipped vehicles for years. You need to drill a weep hole to allow the exhaust to drain. The Squatch can explain in more detail.

:laughing1::laughing1::dogpile::suicide:

Ford beat Saquatch77 to it. The weep hole in the muffler is a no-cost factory performance enhancement.

Okay, @99322 is serious and is concerned about an INCREASING amount of water in his exhaust system. I think we're going to need to know more. How many miles on the truck, any mods to the intake, driving habits (mostly road or mostly off-road, mostly sane or mostly wide open throttle), etc. Fill in as many blanks as you can, 99322, and then let's see if we can figure this out.

Last edited: