Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2]

Wastegate Actuator Rattle

This is a discussion on Wastegate Actuator Rattle within the Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Originally Posted by Toadster someone can develop bigger turbo outlets, surely someone can develop a non-rattling actuator! This issue is ...

User Tag List

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2017, 08:47 AM   #31 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Toadster View Post
someone can develop bigger turbo outlets, surely someone can develop a non-rattling actuator!

This issue is nobody seems to recognize this exists. Now a few of us do, likely 1 - 5 percent of raptor owners. Most seem clueless or happy with it, either way. I hate this rattle.

Those that think their isnt rattling need to cold start their trucks in the quite and sit down beside them for 20 minutes and listen. It will probably rattle. It happens while warm as well. I heard mine the night I brought it home.

I have a hypersensitive ear. I find noises with all my vehicles that others never hear until I show them. Its called OC fucking D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJslasherADMIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:08 PM   #32 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Originally Posted by MJslasherADMIN View Post
This issue is nobody seems to recognize this exists. Now a few of us do, likely 1 - 5 percent of raptor owners. Most seem clueless or happy with it, either way. I hate this rattle.

Those that think their isnt rattling need to cold start their trucks in the quite and sit down beside them for 20 minutes and listen. It will probably rattle. It happens while warm as well. I heard mine the night I brought it home.

I have a hypersensitive ear. I find noises with all my vehicles that others never hear until I show them. Its called OC fucking D.

I suffered from OCD...then I had twins and no longer have time for that shit. Hope it never comes back as it's a bitch when it's in full effect! Good luck.....

kdub405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:21 PM   #33 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

how about some header wrap to shore things up a bit?

Toadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 01:14 AM   #34 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

The wast gate makes a loud click noise when fully opening. the rattle you hear it the fuel injectors. They are under a ton to psi in a direct injected motor. My 2006 mazdaspeed 6 inline 4 DI turbo sounds the same way (ford ecoboost predecessor ) start it and hold that linkage down .

O and don't forget the cam driven fuel pump they are loud also my 2012 f150 eco had a large foam block covering it
Sasquatch77 and Toadster like this.
jakeO is offline   Reply With Quote