Wagner Intercooler on 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ABP

Reaction score
I purchased and installed a Wagner Intercooler on my 2018. The intercooler is well built and much larger than stock. That is where the good ends. After struggling to get the intercooler up and mounted to it's upper brackets I realized there is no possible way to install one on a 2018 due to clearance issues with the factory transmission cooler. The Wagner Intercooler literally smashes the rubber hose coming out of the bottom of the transmission cooler pinching off the fluid flow. I ended up making some brackets and relocating the transmission cooler a few inches higher to make everything fit. Anyone thinking about doing a Wagner on their 2018 would be better off looking at the other proven options.

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Wagner Kit comes with brackets to relocate the cooler higher up. Really simple.... The brackets are shown in the instructions. Worked great on my 2018.

OP
OP
A

ABP

Reaction score
The Wagner Kit comes with brackets to relocate the cooler higher up. Really simple.... The brackets are shown in the instructions. Worked great on my 2018.

No brackets included in mine and no reference to any in my instructions. Maybe I received an old unit. I purchased it from 5 Star Tuning. They were very helpful up until they received my money. Now I cannot get them to call me back. I am assuming that maybe the intercooler they sent is for a non raptor ecoboost and that's why it doesn't mention moving the transmission cooler. Did yours have a way to reconnect the outer bumper braces? They normally attach to the top brace that holds the factory intercooler in place. When you replace that brace with the Wagner top brackets there is nothing to connect the outer bumper braces to.

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

This is the kit they sold me.

https://5startuning.com/product/201...wagner-evo-intercooler-upgrade-kit-200001087/

You can see the parts in the picture. After a Google search it looks like it's the wrong kit for a 2018 Raptor

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Update. Called again and Chris answered the phone. They have a supplemental kit that was supposed to ship out at the same time as my order. Kit should be on its way to resolve my issues.

Last edited:

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a set of brackets for the oil Cooler and another large bracket wider than the intercooler that connects to the intercooler and also to the bumper braces.

This is in addition to what is shown in the link you provided.

It seems different than the Kit I received. (Also from 5 Star though)
I may have some photos. I will look.

OP
OP
A

ABP

Reaction score
There are a set of brackets for the oil Cooler and another large bracket wider than the intercooler that connects to the intercooler and also to the bumper braces.

This is in addition to what is shown in the link you provided.

It seems different than the Kit I received. (Also from 5 Star though)
I may have some photos. I will look.

Chris at 5 star is sending me the correct parts. I already modified my factory line and transmission cooler. I will order new parts from Ford and install it the correct way. I am glad I saw it before I drove the truck. My transmission line was completely pinched off. That would have cost me a transmission. The only instructions I had were from Wagner and with the kit I received there is no mention of relocating the transmission cooler.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Chris at 5 star is sending me the correct parts. I already modified my factory line and transmission cooler. I will order new parts from Ford and install it the correct way. I am glad I saw it before I drove the truck. My transmission line was completely pinched off. That would have cost me a transmission. The only instructions I had were from Wagner and with the kit I received there is no mention of relocating the transmission cooler.

Wow, you are a lot calmer than I would have been. After all the work you did, now you have to spend another day fixing their mistake. :mad: I sure hope they are going to refund some money to cover the new parts you have to buy from Ford.

OP
OP
A

ABP

Reaction score
Wow, you are a lot calmer than I would have been. After all the work you did, now you have to spend another day fixing their mistake. :mad: I sure hope they are going to refund some money to cover the new parts you have to buy from Ford.

I am not excited about it but I am low drama. I told him I had to modify the factory parts to make it work in the current situation. I also said I would just order new factory parts to use with the parts coming. He didn't offer to pay for my parts and I didn't ask him to pay for them.

Last edited:

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you still need them I do have some photos. It appears I cant directly attach them though.

It appears they are sending you the rest of the parts

OP
OP
A

ABP

Reaction score
If you still need them I do have some photos. It appears I cant directly attach them though.

It appears they are sending you the rest of the parts

If the kit doesn't show up with what I need I will. PM you my info for the photos.