Volant Performance Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Predator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to Volant's Facebook page, it looks like they are making progress on releasing their next generation of intake systems for the Ecoboost trucks, including the Raptor!

I certainly hope this system will also have the option to use the Donaldson Powercore Filter, which is PERFECT for off road use. Best filter out there for that fine dust out in the desert, hands down.

From Volant Performance at SEMA:

A little sneak peek at the direction we are looking at taking the next generation of #VolantPerformance air intake lids. Would love to hear your thoughts.
This prototype is for the 2017 #fordf150 #fordraptor #ecoboost.

Air Intakes Built for the Outdoors.

#airintake #trucksofinstagram #trucksdaily #fordtrucks #f150daily #volant #volantintakes #sema2017

23172658_615838678806459_6576632857513397952_n.jpg

Last edited:

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope it filters the finer pieces of dust, my truck has dust allergies so it would help it breathe better when off road.

OP
OP
Predator

Predator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope it filters the finer pieces of dust, my truck has dust allergies so it would help it breathe better when off road.

This is THE system you are looking for. The Donaldson Powercore filters are the best in the business, it's the only filter technology that offers BOTH airflow and filtration improvements over the stock paper filter. Filters even the fine dust really well. Used by the military and by Ford in the newer F250+ trucks. They do not need servicing but once every 100k miles or so, then simply remove and replace.

Volant makes the airboxes for regular vehicle applications (non-Military) and are exclusively partnered with Donaldson to utilize their Powercore filter line.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Predator

Predator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will this throw a CEL?

Nope, as long as you make sure to disconnect the battery while installing so that when you are finished it can 're-learn' the airflow rate coming in.

Also, here's a look at a Powercore Filter...

IMG_1998.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

UPDATE: I spoke with Volant and they stated that this new intake kit will be released sometime January 2018 and WILL be made available with a Powercore Filter.

I'll be waiting for this one. This will be the best intake system hands down.