Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2]

UPDATE on Ford Performance Tune

This is a discussion on UPDATE on Ford Performance Tune within the Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!

User Tag List

Like Tree199Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2017, 05:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
Guy
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Yes...

Like I said.

Theyíre the same tune. There isnít any variance. Ford Performance subcontracted our to Whipple to do it. I donít think itíll be less conservative. Itíll be the same tune.

Itíll be pretty solid, but not all out and itíll make power.

Originally Posted by Predator View Post
I just called Whipple AND Ford Performance to fact check.

As it turns out, there is in-fact a Ford Engineer (head of tuning at Ford Performance) that ALSO works on the side for Whipple. From what I was told by Ray @ Ford Performance, he is NOT the guy who did the FP Raptor tune, but he is that guy's boss and oversees the whole process. But the tunes should have some slight variances.

I am speculating that the FP tune will be slightly more conservative (and better tested) than what Whipple is currently offering.

Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 05:37 PM   #12 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Originally Posted by ChevTillNow View Post
Of course California would be the cause and hold up of something like this. Just like Washington State it is filled with liberal so-called leaders (whack jobs) who have their minds & their heads so far up there you know what's, because of course they, in their so-called Superior leftist moral righteousness, know what's better for everyone..

They'll probably elect Harvey Weinstein for the next governor in California.

Sorry for the rant but if anyone's honest they know it's completely true..
tell us more about how you feel lol
Mbling52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 05:45 PM   #13 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Guy View Post
Yes...

Like I said.

Theyíre the same tune. There isnít any variance. Ford Performance subcontracted our to Whipple to do it. I donít think itíll be less conservative. Itíll be the same tune.

Itíll be pretty solid, but not all out and itíll make power.
I've not seen anything to support your claim that they'll be the same tune.

2017 Magnetic SuperCrew Cab 802a; Raptor Tech Pkg w/Adaptive Cruise; 17" Forged Aluminum (Beadlock) Wheels; 2nd Row Heated Seats; Moonroof; Tailgate Step; Exterior & Hood Graphics Pkgs (both removed); Carbon Fiber Pkg; Engine Block Heater. Added: new V1; BlendMount; XPEL Ultimate & Stealth Film; Tinted Front Windows; BedRug, Roll-N-Lock A-Series bed cover
WhatExit? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:13 PM   #14 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Originally Posted by ChevTillNow View Post
Of course California would be the cause and hold up of something like this. Just like Washington State it is filled with liberal so-called leaders (whack jobs) who have their minds & their heads so far up there you know what's, because of course they, in their so-called Superior leftist moral righteousness, know what's better for everyone..

They'll probably elect Harvey Weinstein for the next governor in California.

Sorry for the rant but if anyone's honest they know it's completely true..
"CARB Compliant"- They can call it the 'Ford Performance Prius Tune'. It'll limit your speed at the bottom of the freeway ramp to 30mph and will reduce left lane speeds to 5mph below the posted speed limit... smh...
smurfslayer likes this.
Helopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:53 PM   #15 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Originally Posted by holeshot View Post
good news!! I called fp this am 12/16/2016 and was informed that they (ford preformance) are working on a tune that can be bought/installed by dealer for the 2017 raptor. The rep said "the tune will be available very soon, not later."
Originally Posted by dude1782 View Post

---------- post added at 11:52 am ---------- previous post was at 11:45 am ----------

[/color]

sent from my 2017 raptor using tapatalk
Hmm, 12/2016 --- soon not later
March 2017 -- couple of months
Now hearing first quarter 2018..

I think this picture is appropriate.

aria_c14036920160412120100.jpg
CSJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
Guy
Full Access Member

Besides the fact that ford performance confirmed to me that they have “partnered” with Whipple...

The fact that Whipple has access to Ford proprietary tools and programmers that ONLY Ford can provide....

The fact that Ford has nothing to gain by providing proprietary equipment to an aftermarket supplier unless they entered into a contractual agreement...

The fact that the lead tuner from Ford Performance just SO HAPPENS to work at Whipple and has also “supervised” the production of The Ford Performance tune... tells me very clearly...

It’s the same rebranded tune.

It’s no different than them subcontracting out work to Borla.

What’s your evidence against my nearly irrefutable evidence?

Nothing of course.

Move on son.

You’re in a state of denial if you think the Ford Performance tune will be anything more or better than what Whipple has right now. You’re also in a dream state if you think it’ll outperform some of the top custom tuners out there who do NOT have to worry about CARB or emissions or even durability testing for that matter.

Originally Posted by WhatExit? View Post
I've not seen anything to support your claim that they'll be the same tune.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:39 PM   #17 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

>>> What’s your evidence against my nearly irrefutable evidence? <<<
NEARLY!!!!? !!!
Nearly irrefutable ?!!!
bfr and bradyh20 like this.
14 BlackScrew RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:49 PM   #18 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Besides the fact that ford performance confirmed to me that they have ďpartneredĒ with Whipple...

The fact that Whipple has access to Ford proprietary tools and programmers that ONLY Ford can provide....

The fact that Ford has nothing to gain by providing proprietary equipment to an aftermarket supplier unless they entered into a contractual agreement...

The fact that the lead tuner from Ford Performance just SO HAPPENS to work at Whipple and has also ďsupervisedĒ the production of The Ford Performance tune... tells me very clearly...

Itís the same rebranded tune.

Itís no different than them subcontracting out work to Borla.

Whatís your evidence against my nearly irrefutable evidence?

Nothing of course.

Move on son.

Youíre in a state of denial if you think the Ford Performance tune will be anything more or better than what Whipple has right now. Youíre also in a dream state if you think itíll outperform some of the top custom tuners out there who do NOT have to worry about CARB or emissions or even durability testing for that matter.
While I agree with your conclusion, you're argument is flawed

Facts are things we can all see with our own eyes, there's evidence of said fact - the sky is blue, Ford builds the Raptor, the Raptor comes with KO2s

Lots of the "facts" you posted are either your own findings, or things you've seen but you haven't given us a way to see it for ourselves

Carry on
WhatExit? likes this.
BajaFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:50 PM   #19 (permalink)

My 45ft Bluewater Party

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Youíre in a state of denial if you think the Ford Performance tune will be anything more or better than what Whipple has right now. Youíre also in a dream state if you think itíll outperform some of the top custom tuners out there who do NOT have to worry about CARB or emissions or even durability testing for that matter.
So you believe that a "top quality tuner" has more money to spend developing a tune that Ford does? Its smarter to get a tune that performs near the same or a bit less knowing that the developer cared about the longevity of what it was going in.
WhatExit? likes this.

Hockster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:00 PM   #20 (permalink)
Guy
Full Access Member

There is a maximum amount of power that can be made from the engine with tuning.

Anyone with the know-how and tools can lean the A/F, advance the timing, change the turbo waste gate... etc... and likely come close to the same theoretical maximum.

Ford and ford Performance has to work within boundaries. Those boundaries are defined by emissions laws and industry standards.

Further, Ford has to tune with the expectation that that their customer base is going to do the wrong things. Theyíre going to run the wrong gas. Theyíre going to tow too much weight on too steep of a grade. Theyíre going to abuse and misuse their product in ways that you or I canít comprehend. Ford has to build a safety and reliability factor 3-fold into what they do.

What does that mean? They canít make as much power. Could they? Sure. They have the resources and the knowledge but their hands are tied.

A custom tuner CAN make a reliable tune with more power and more performance than Ford. No, it doesnít mean itíll blow up. Yes it does mean it isnít a great idea for someone who doesnít know what theyíre doing with a performance engine. So for average Joe... itís not a great idea... for an enthusiast who knows what the oil in his truck tastes like.... itís pushing the limits.

Iím not knocking their product. Iím just pointing out the difference.

Originally Posted by Hockster View Post
So you believe that a "top quality tuner" has more money to spend developing a tune that Ford does? Its smarter to get a tune that performs near the same or a bit less knowing that the developer cared about the longevity of what it was going in.
WhatExit? likes this.