Turbo adapter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

impactbumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No and no one will throw their damn truck on the dyno before and after. They keep posting the same tired old dyno charts claiming the gains.

A completely stock truck can vary 20hp and whatever tq on the dyno between pulls without anything changing. Until a bunch of trucks show a positive net gain on every single pull before and after I wont be buying these. A single data point doesnt prove anything so until a reputable shop not affiliated with selling these adapters gets a bunch of concrete results Ill pass.

This.

Plus, 20 hp on a 450hp truck is so minimal, I do not really care. Drive the truck 5pm in the middle of the summer, and then take it for a spin at 5am in the morning. You will get as much difference if not more. Factors like ambient temp, humidity, air density factor so much into the performance of these turbocharged motors, I am not going to waste my time on nonsense.

But, I will definitely entertain the idea of running high flow cats or even catless downpipes with a proper tune. Not a piggy either. Those will yield to gains on these trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JacobSPDPERF

Reaction score
Below is a list of authorized distributors that you can purchase and have them install your SPD Turbo Adapters.

IDAHO
The F150 Shop

NEVADA
Aftermarket HQ

NEW MEXICO
Hammer Performance

NORTH CAROLINA
Rob's Tire and Auto

OHIO
Phoenix Off-Road Park

SOUTH CAROLINA
5 Star Tuning

TEXAS
806 Desert Customs
Alamo Truck Gear
Allout Offroad Performance
Gearhead Sales
Miller Offroad Design

WISCONSIN
Brew City Boost

DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Boost It Motorsports

JacobSPDPERF

Reaction score
The 3.5L Ecoboost motor is very difficult to properly dyno. And when adding new products, it takes 50-80 miles for the ECM to adjust.

The most accurate way to test a product is to do 3 baseline runs, with a minimum of 20 minutes to cool down between each run. I can not express how important it is to have the proper cooling fans. One fan just blowing on the innercooler is not enough. Also, it is very important to start each pull at the same rpms (+/- 100 rpm). We normally start ours pulls at 1600-1700 rpm.
After installing the product, the Kam needs to be reset and the vehicle driven for 50-80 miles. This will guarantee that the ECM has adjusted. And for the final dyno run, allow 20 minutes between each run for proper cooling. This will give you consistent runs.

And this above, has to be explained to your dyno operator.

Make sure the results are standard corrected and not raw output result. This will adjust for your current conditions.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Look at that list. You gotta love Texas.

haha It's the Raptor Capital of the world!

Last edited:

drdjin

Reaction score
Look around, a bunch of people have them already. There is a little controversy about if they actually work or not though since there is only a single dyno sheet out there.

Technically it should work, since large bore, and smoother finish = better air flow. Tricks like this worked on my '86 Grand National back in the weeeee days, I don't see why it won't work now.

With that said, I have purchased them but have yet had them installed. My mechanic tried to remove the bolt, but unsuccessfully with his 30" SNAPon bar. I have then purchased a bolt removal device (you may find this on the message boards), and he is going to try it next Wednesday.. If successful, I will take pictures to show the differences.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Technically it should work, since large bore, and smoother finish = better air flow. Tricks like this worked on my '86 Grand National back in the weeeee days, I don't see why it won't work now.

With that said, I have purchased them but have yet had them installed. My mechanic tried to remove the bolt, but unsuccessfully with his 30" SNAPon bar. I have then purchased a bolt removal device (you may find this on the message boards), and he is going to try it next Wednesday.. If successful, I will take pictures to show the differences.

nhu5LtL.jpg