Turbo adapter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280_TIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These aren't easy to install. I just sold my ecoboost and was a frequent member at f150ecoboost.net. if you haven't already, check out the turbo adapter thread on their forum. Those guys have been dealing with the ecoboost a lot longer than people here and they definitely know their shit. Here is the link:

http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30930

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a quote for $300 for the install (labor only) of these adapters along with before and after dynos at my buddy's shop. I may do it while I am out of town here in a month or so.

jeffkrgutility

Reaction score
Got these installed today. My mechanics had three of them out in no time the fourth took over an hour. They had to use heat on the fourth one and they ended up welding a nut onto the stud to get it out. They are a little to stubborn to go buy additional tools. Exhaust was hard to get out of the way, they said they would do it a little different the next time.

johnjoemd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got these installed today. My mechanics had three of them out in no time the fourth took over an hour. They had to use heat on the fourth one and they ended up welding a nut onto the stud to get it out. They are a little to stubborn to go buy additional tools. Exhaust was hard to get out of the way, they said they would do it a little different the next time.

You notice a difference after install?

impactbumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To me sounds like too much hassle for little to nothing, correct me if I am wrong guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't like 20 horsepower?
I, for one, love the idea of 20 horsepower.

I don't like the idea of tearing the turbos apart, especially where it seems to me they aren't made to come apart with any degree of ease.

Unless you go to a reputable speed shop that absolutely knows what they're doing and stands behind their work if they snap a stud inside the turbo housing... you are really taking a gamble for a small amount of reward.

So far I did the boost max, pedal max, a drop in air filter, and I have cat backs on order. I think if it came down to it... and I wanted to mess with the turbos.... Id want a shop that's done them before.
But before I even went that far.... I'd be looking to see what effect some down pipes with cats have on things.