Turbo adapter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford is using a modified Borg Warner KO3 in the newest F-150 ecoboosts at 16 psi, that is how they are getting the additional power and torque. Do you have documentation that these are the same turbos? Nobody has confirmed it as yet and all the press material refers to "larger turbos" for the High Output.
The Raptor is boosted to 18psi so I find it very, very hard to believe that the turbos are based on a KO3 at all. They are much more likely K04.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Brad Deberti posted a picture on Instagram of one he got for his raptor.

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

@Gen2Raptor said he got a set installed already

JacobSPDPERF

Reaction score
Jacob here with SPD Performance. It is true, Ford used the same turbo exhaust adapters for the 2017 Raptor that they have been using since 2011 on the first Gen1 F-150 Ecoboost 3.5L motors. Ford installed the adapters on their truck platform motors for durability. A direct bolt-up flange downpipe would eventually crack at the welded flange from stress whereas the adapters allow for flex under stress.
The better turbos do help make the extra power but not the only upgrade ford did for the 2017 HO 3.5L motor. They changed the design of the heads and exhaust manifolds. The exhaust ports and manifolds are much larger than the Gen 1 3.5L motor. We have not confirmed but from photos the intake tubing also looks larger.

OP
OP
H

hewster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Jacob.

I can't wait to install mine, I am looking for a reliable (and not too expensive) shop to dyno at to see the results and post. I will do some 0-60 videos as well.

3rdRaptor

Reaction score
Question.

Look around, a bunch of people have them already. There is a little controversy about if they actually work or not though since there is only a single dyno sheet out there.

I couldn't find anything either on the SPD Performance Turbo Exhaust Adapter.

Other then the website, does anybody have any experience with this?

Thank you,
Scott

krock77

Reaction score
I had my Turbo Adapters installed on my 2017 Raptor today. Definitely a difference in the exhaust note under acceleration(louder). Noticable increase in performance. I think it is worth the investment.

Mjc123

Reaction score
I had my Turbo Adapters installed on my 2017 Raptor today. Definitely a difference in the exhaust note under acceleration(louder). Noticable increase in performance. I think it is worth the investment.

Yep my butt dyno says a bit more power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20