Turbo adapter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interested in a thread link if anyone has it. The site content has gone through the roof lately.

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not seen an example of anyone putting these on a Raptor yet. These were made for the regular Ecoboost 3.5 with its smaller turbos. There is no assurance that these are even applicable to the new High Output. Looking at the pics on their website, I am certain that what Ford would use for the larger turbo would have an opening as big or bigger than these things do.

Somebody needs to pull a stock adapter out of their Raptor and get some measurements. Probably won't happen until aftermarket downpipes become available.

A quick search shows a lot of ecoboost guys claiming they are about to do the install and then they never update. I think many attempt the swap but get hung up on seized hardware on the turbo housing studs.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
I have not seen an example of anyone putting these on a Raptor yet. These were made for the regular Ecoboost 3.5 with its smaller turbos. There is no assurance that these are even applicable to the new High Output. Looking at the pics on their website, I am certain that what Ford would use for the larger turbo would have an opening as big or bigger than these things do.

Somebody needs to pull a stock adapter out of their Raptor and get some measurements. Probably won't happen until aftermarket downpipes become available.

A quick search shows a lot of ecoboost guys claiming they are about to do the install and then they never update. I think many attempt the swap but get hung up on seized hardware on the turbo housing studs.

They have the high output ones out already on their website. I'll be the test dummy when my truck comes in.

http://www.spdperformance.com/index...ducts_id=121&zenid=mrso2jdlvo5edhpi00uoea9667

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something seems strange about their description on the website. They are listing the stock adapter dimensions and the upgraded adapter dimensions as being exactly the same from F-150 to Raptor. I'm not saying it is impossible, but I find it extremely hard to believe that Ford used the same part for both sizes of turbo.
Whoever is first to install, verify these dimensions please. Hoping the dyno graph posted is legit and they just used specs from the F-150 in error.
We need a good before and after dyno by a forum member to clear this up.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something seems strange about their description on the website. They are listing the stock adapter dimensions and the upgraded adapter dimensions as being exactly the same from F-150 to Raptor. I'm not saying it is impossible, but I find it extremely hard to believe that Ford used the same part for both sizes of turbo.

Whoever is first to install, verify these dimensions please. Hoping the dyno graph posted is legit and they just used specs from the F-150 in error.

We need a good before and after dyno by a forum member to clear this up.

I didn't think the turbos were bigger but rather built with different parts and therefore can push more boost. I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20