Is it true after 2000 miles our raptor will have more power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
This is called ‘confirmation bias’. perhaps with a touch of ‘rationalizing’.

Not a big deal, but I have to admit at least one of the voices wanted me to be wrong.

PARKER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about having more power, but I'm sure it learns your driving habits. I have 6000+ miles on mine now and it definitely responds differently than when I first drove it off the lot.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I emailed a friend that works for Ford Performance and asked him about this. I got an email and a call from his yesterday. He said he did some digging on that and from what he has found there is nothing in the PCM programming that would do this.

Of course there isn't. I can't believe some people actually thought it might be true. :ROFLJest::ROFLJest::ROFLJest::ROFLJest:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Maybe because several manufactures including Ford have done this in the past?

Ok.. I’ll bite. who? Now I know Ford delivered a less powerful 32v 4.6 back around ( ? 99-2000 ? ) when it was supposed to give about 25 more hp but that wasn’t programming or designed. Absolutely as electronically controlled as things are this is -possible- but, I would think a Ford GT for example might be a better candidate because the manufacturer and dealers would need to be supremely confident in what they’re selling because if a test drive doesn’t impress, it’s a potential lost sale.

So, the folks at Raptor Assault had an interesting comment along these lines. The fleet trucks get CANED on a regular basis and inspected after each class. They indicated that in speaking with the engineers, their feedback was that the engine and trans would be fine under these conditions - drive it like you stole it from day one, the only concern for the fleet trucks was the differentials; do a break in ‘oil’ change on the Diffs. I think they mentioned at about 1000 miles.