Is it true after 2000 miles our raptor will have more power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I don't have any Dyno proof but I can honestly say my WOT pulls from when the truck had 800 miles compared to when the truck had over 2,000 miles (probably 2,500) defiantely had a seat of the pants feel like it had more power. I don't mean just simple break in gains I mean what felt like a decent gain.

I've been watching to see if anyone can confirm this may be something Ford programmed into the PCM

Darin... :snoopfacepalm: You’re killing me here.

I realize that the butt-dyno is scientifically proven but more often than not the proof all in our respective hearts or minds.

after some mods and break ins I took one of my bikes for final tuning
- how’s it feel?
me: faster everywhere.

Tuning ensued. I took it back out through a known series of roads to do some more accurate research, came back to the mechanic.

Me: it feels slower.
Mechanic: NFW. you are imagining it. roll it up on the dyno, I’ll prove it to you.

he puts up the before / after dyno runs, overlaying the pre-upgrade power curves - so I had before mods, after mods and break in, no tuning and after mods with tuning showing. 2nd graph was way over the before mods, but had a huge dip in it between 4-7k rpms, and then an almost vertical climb to peak power. after tuning, that dip was gone, and the power curve towered over both previous runs - 10hp almost all the way up, torque was up throughout as well, but once tuned it didn’t “feel” as fast, because once you exited the huge dip in the power curve it felt like God was trying to pull the bike forward and out from under you. With the tuning, the power came on smoothly, less violently and sooner. He did a dyne-simulated drag race between the 2 post upgrade curves and the result were as expected.

Maybe there is value to breaking in the truck motor properly, but scores of horsepower? :goofy_batman:

That would be an “easer egg” of epic proportions in the automotive world. Not impossible mind you, but I remain skeptical.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Darin... :snoopfacepalm: You’re killing me here.

I realize that the butt-dyno is scientifically proven but more often than not the proof all in our respective hearts or minds.

after some mods and break ins I took one of my bikes for final tuning
- how’s it feel?
me: faster everywhere.

Tuning ensued. I took it back out through a known series of roads to do some more accurate research, came back to the mechanic.

Me: it feels slower.
Mechanic: NFW. you are imagining it. roll it up on the dyno, I’ll prove it to you.

he puts up the before / after dyno runs, overlaying the pre-upgrade power curves - so I had before mods, after mods and break in, no tuning and after mods with tuning showing. 2nd graph was way over the before mods, but had a huge dip in it between 4-7k rpms, and then an almost vertical climb to peak power. after tuning, that dip was gone, and the power curve towered over both previous runs - 10hp almost all the way up, torque was up throughout as well, but once tuned it didn’t “feel” as fast, because once you exited the huge dip in the power curve it felt like God was trying to pull the bike forward and out from under you. With the tuning, the power came on smoothly, less violently and sooner. He did a dyne-simulated drag race between the 2 post upgrade curves and the result were as expected.

Maybe there is value to breaking in the truck motor properly, but scores of horsepower? :goofy_batman:

That would be an “easer egg” of epic proportions in the automotive world. Not impossible mind you, but I remain skeptical.

Yeah I really wasn't going to post what I thought I was feeling. But damn it sure feels quite a bit different from the few runs I did around 750 miles. Then the more I thought about different programing stuff that Ford has done over the recent years I thought it may be a possibility that they have them detuned for the first so many miles. Who knows though...

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Who has an in with Ford Performance? Figured if this was true we would have heard something from Ford on it (or even have it in the owner's manual).

3Ktt

Reaction score
I agree with this as well. The power is more noticeable now 2100 miles versus 500. It could have something to do with the transmission as well.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not real sure about the Transmission being able to 'learn' but keep hearing this being said. Maybe some of your experiences is that? Either way more power is never a bad thing if some of you are feeling it....