Trouble Installing UPR Oil Separator on 2018 Model

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ReyLorenzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was at the very last step of installing the UPR oil separator where it calls for one of the intake pipes to be removed in order to drill into it and install the WOT hose. This is when I noticed that on the 2018 model the pipe is slightly different. It doesn't have the bulge that the 2017 has. Pictures of both for comparison. Disregard the fact that mine does have the engine cover on. So I called UPR and they informed me that it didn't matter that the pipe was slightly different and told me to drill right before the bend that goes straight to the turbo. So I proceeded with the install. I losened the clamp in the turbo and on the intake and I couldn't for the life of me remove the intake pipe. I noticed that the pipe is connected to something underneath that I can't figure out how to remove or disconnect. Any advice on how to do this?

Attachments

• IMG_9777.JPG
    IMG_9777.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_9776.jpg
    IMG_9776.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_9775.jpg
    IMG_9775.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 103

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck, getting the hose off the turbo inlet is a pain in the ass, even with the wheel off, there isn’t much room to work. I just drilled it on the air box side.