Transport mode question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the truck is in transport / dealer mode is power limited? I drove mine yesterday on the back lot only.

robb86

Reaction score
The dealer had to take mine out of Transport Mode before I drove it around the block. Not sure what it entails. The screen in the cluster just had warning/caution icons and said the vehicle is in TRANSPORT MODE. One of the Ford Techs came running out and did a series of button pushes, think door unlock and window buttons to disable it.

I believe when they are shipped Ford puts them in a certain mode. This mode is nothing like the mode selections available. May just be a limp mode of sorts.

OP
OP
J

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Transport mode shows when you start the truck. I got into it just a little. Was just wondering if power is kept down until the mode is removed. I will see on Wednesday if there's a difference.

OP
OP
J

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I picked up the truck last Wednesday and it was wet out at the time. I was stopping for a vehicle turning left, I decided to push the pedal a bit. It went sideways for a bit, I let off and got back into it same result. Yes it was wet on the road, but my 2012 would just retard the power. I have to get the feel for the truck on dry pavement more. I can not compare my last truck apples to apples here. The last one was a reg cab 5.0, 3.55, 4x4. This one is a supercab, bigger tires and 410s. I feel it should have a lot more feel to it . It has 90 more Hp and a lot more torque. I will have to play more with it.