Transmission Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2018 Raptor has been making a faint whining noise coming from the front of the truck that I have noticed when driving between 25-40 MPH. The pitch of the noise changes as the MPH inceases and decreases and does not seem to be affected by engine RPM.

So today, while coasting at about 30-35 MPH with the noise present, I shifted the truck into neutral and the noise instantly disappears. So, it seems the noise is related to the transmission and it occurs every time the truck is in the 25-40 MPH range, which seems to correspond mostly with 6th gear.

Has anyone else experienced this noise or does anyone know what the specific transmission issue could be?

Last edited:

MTheory

Reaction score
YES!!! Read my thread I’m at ford now and they just said it was the transmission on my 2018 but they don’t know what’s causing it and I’ll have to reschedule a drop off. They’ve never heard it before apparently.

OP
OP
SaintsFan

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2WD and 4A, I haven’t tried 4H or 4L.

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

YES!!! Read my thread I’m at ford now and they just said it was the transmission on my 2018 but they don’t know what’s causing it and I’ll have to reschedule a drop off. They’ve never heard it before apparently.

I read your thread, but the noise on mine doesn’t happen at start up or when the truck is stationary. Only happens when driving in the 25-40 MPH range. But it is coming from the transmission nonetheless.

Last edited: