Torque Pro Dyno

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Discovered something that may benefit owners. While wanting a solution to monitor other metrics in the ECU not shown in the cluster, I stumbled upon the Torqu Pro app.

Apparently it also monitors your 0-60 time as well as rear wheel horse power and torque.

I know it's not the pinpoint accuracy of a real dyno, but maybe not that far off as long as you calculate the truck's weight properly as per the app.

My best, untill Ford (Whipple) releases their warrantied tune, is 369.8 rwhp at 5.1 0-60 with an AFE Scorcher. (Straight and level) Mind you, this is at Winter blend grade 92 gas.

This seems acceptable given the ~9 lbs heavier tires and wheels I have added to the truck.

I will be messing with what I can monitor in the future and definately again with summer grade gas. So if anyone wants to do a poor man's dyno.. Torque Pro.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180114-213530.jpg
    Screenshot_20180114-213530.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_20180114-164456.jpg
    Screenshot_20180114-164456.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 76

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How does the App work? I assume it does not plug into the OBD port? Does it have an accelerometer? I've heard of apps like this before, but never understood how it works.

OP
OP
CSJr

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think you need some sort of bluetooth device that plugs into the obd2 port.

this one apparently works, i have and use this one with forscan.
OBDLink® MX Bluetooth | OBDLink® | OBD Solutions

would this app be useful to see gains from mods done to the truck?

App definitely needs to work with a Bluetooth OBDII adapter. All ECU data, except accelerometer, comes from the truck. I use the OBDLink MX adapter.

You can definitely see how mods affect your truck. The 0-60 times is the most apparent. Then you have HP and Torque, which is OK if you calculate the weight of the truck perfectly. By OK, I mean I think it will get you in the ballpark, I don't think it is as accurate as strapping the truck to a dyno. Besides you can really skew the HP/Torque results if you run downhill or mess up the weight input.

But there is just a lot of stuff you can monitor. 1/4 mile time, exhaust back pressure, air input temperature...

jikjak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it cant hurt for $5, much less hassle than going to the dyno.
Will give it a try and hopefully get on a dyno as well.

have you seen/tried another app called dynolicious?

OP
OP
CSJr

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you seen/tried another app called dynolicious?

Haven't heard until now. I was originally trying to set up Torque as it apparently was the only one that worked with Android Auto.

It would be interesting to get the comparison between a real dyno and the app.

Maybe our resident tune tester, @Guy will do it.

Last edited:

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If anyone uses one of these Apps and has a real dyno sheet to compare, please post the numbers. Curious to see how accurate this really is...

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Normally, I’d be more than a bit skeptical at something like this but I must reluctantly admit that some of the tech has eclipsed my skepticism.

1) shot timer. I’ve got multiple shot timer apps on my iPhone (because surefire is notorious for not updating). I’ve compared both to actual shot timers on multiple shooters. cannot discern a discrepancy.

2) Pirelli has an app called super biker.(?) I saw hawked a few years ago that will measure lap times, time through a loop, various bits and bobs - even lean angle. I have to admit, after laying down some pretty fast and smooth laps, the app told me my lean angles were not that impressive. Pretty much right though. This app did a good job at measuring speed.

some of these things may sound like there’s no way you could get an accurate reading but don’t be too quick to dismiss them.

jikjak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Normally, I’d be more than a bit skeptical at something like this but I must reluctantly admit that some of the tech has eclipsed my skepticism.

1) shot timer. I’ve got multiple shot timer apps on my iPhone (because surefire is notorious for not updating). I’ve compared both to actual shot timers on multiple shooters. cannot discern a discrepancy.

2) Pirelli has an app called super biker.(?) I saw hawked a few years ago that will measure lap times, time through a loop, various bits and bobs - even lean angle. I have to admit, after laying down some pretty fast and smooth laps, the app told me my lean angles were not that impressive. Pretty much right though. This app did a good job at measuring speed.

some of these things may sound like there’s no way you could get an accurate reading but don’t be too quick to dismiss them.

OT: what are some good shot timer apps to download? thats a great idea and app to have!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Surefire had the first one of ‘repute’, but they have been notoriously slow on IOS update compatibility. not sure who makes the 2nd one I have. I just grabbed one from searching ‘shot timer’ in the app store.

I know, real scientific ;-)