Top speed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe as I get older, I don't have the cajones that I once had in my youth.

I am calm as a Hindu cow in my gt350 at 180 mph ( on the racetrack. don't be an ass and put the general public in danger with your antics on a public road).

In the raptor, Things start getting sporty at 100-105. There is no freaking way that I'd be comfortable punching it and trying to go 30 mph faster.

One wrong twitch on the steering wheel would send the truck ass over elbows.

If you bought a raptor to go fast on the road, you're probably the type of person that puts screws in with a hammer. (just because you can, doesn't mean you should. the capability to do something with the wrong tool doesn't mean that the tool is suddenly the "right one", it just means that you're the knucklehead that doesn't believe in "right tool, right job".

https://youtu.be/9omChXjwQCQ

Jason had this happen to him and he was under 100 mph. I quit tracking my 630 HP Z06 immediately and sold it six months later. I can only imagine what a 6000# Raptor would look like at 100+, it would never stop until it ripped all the mass from the frame.

Keep it realistic guys, listen to the warnings posted here. Ball joints fail, engines blow, differentials and transmissions fail, tires delaminate, deer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure what you guys are talking about. I just got back from my first trip in my new 2018, it was 340 miles round trip and I barely went below 100mph For most of it. The truck felt as stable as my previous H2 and that includes about a 50 mile stretch in the rain at those speeds. While I don’t really see the need to go much faster than that. There were several times when I gunned it at 90 and quickly got shut down by the governor. The tires felt fine even though they are only rated for 112.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I’m not sure what you guys are talking about. I just got back from my first trip in my new 2018, it was 340 miles round trip and I barely went below 100mph For most of it. The truck felt as stable as my previous H2 and that includes about a 50 mile stretch in the rain at those speeds. While I don’t really see the need to go much faster than that. There were several times when I gunned it at 90 and quickly got shut down by the governor. The tires felt fine even though they are only rated for 112.

Mind telling me what city/state you live in so I can make sure to avoid it?

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

100 mph in the pouring rain? You gone and went full retard.

Attachments

• 442929F9-FBF7-4792-A9EE-764FA4F0D904.gif
    442929F9-FBF7-4792-A9EE-764FA4F0D904.gif
    587.1 KB · Views: 167

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a heavily modified Raptor but haven't gone over 115 for a very short amount of time. I tend to worry about my tires blowing since the speed rating on offroad tires is only 95. A blow out on a truck at high speed is not something I am willing to risk.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is just no sense driving that fast in a land yacht.

There are cars made for such high speed travel.

You’re asking to hurt yourself or someone else.... just realize.... if you lose it at 115 in that truck and run into another motorist.... you’re all probably dead.... now imagine that other motorist is a young couple with their 3 children...

It’s not worth it.

Only brave enough to do 92