top speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So with all these tunes out there has anyone had the mph limiter deleted and seen what it will do?
6.2s will do 125 , sc 6.2s over 140.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would imagine rev limiter 9th gear. That's a swag.

I can't imagine what the forces are on a 35"+ tire with heavy treads and sidewalls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Off road racers push bigger tires faster .... I’m not saying it’s a great plan ...

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 12' F150 3.5L Eco Screw Long box did 127.5 with the limiter removed on a long flat straight stretch. Canopy and some bed weight, but pretty much stock. At least that what GPS said since the speedometer wouldn't read. No wind. Would think the 3.5 HO can easily beat that.
The 6.2 I haven't removed the limiter yet. Thought about it, but need to put better tires on it before I do, too many rocks. 3.5HO need better weather and track.

Last edited:

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just be careful with this one guys. 125+ in a top heavy truck on a soft suspension isn't going to go well if that sidewall let's go. You are gonna prob die. An acquaintance saw an F150 high speed (80 mph) crash and they had to cut a leg off to get him out of the heap because the other injuries were more severe. 125... 145.... I=mv2

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope I wouldn’t do it either.

Not just tire failure but also handling...

Top heavy. Marshmallow suspension.
You oversteer or understeer or hit a small obstacle...

It’s Adios.

Its a big truck. Its a lot of fun to launch it up to 80.

If you want to make top speed runs... do it in a vehicle that is made for it.

Just be careful with this one guys. 125+ in a top heavy truck on a soft suspension isn't going to go well if that sidewall let's go. You are gonna prob die. An acquaintance saw an F150 high speed (80 mph) crash and they had to cut a leg off to get him out of the heap because the other injuries were more severe. 125... 145.... I=mv2