Too Big to fit on dyno...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KryptosXLayer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So.... we ran into this same exact problem and I searched the web to find any info, and of course came right back here. It is certainly an issue with any 81" Dynojet, and we've spoken with two of them so far with the same width.

My question is - has anyone tried a different set of wheels? I can get a stock F-150 wheel and tire setup to throw on the truck to get DELTA numbers (of course the actuals are going to be artificially inflated because of smaller tires, lower unsprung weight, etc), but will this actually work, can we shave off at least 5 inches from getting lower offset wheels to pull them close enough in to fit on the dyno?

Picture of my truck on the 81" rollers for attention - keep in mind that even if we get it right to the edge of the rollers, the rounded edges on the rollers could come in contact with the tire and catch / burn up the tire when heated and flattened. It simply cannot come into contact with the edge of the 81" wide rollers.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice for this question specifically? s

Attachments

• 2018-02-06 17.40.52.jpg
    2018-02-06 17.40.52.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 61

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if youre in NC or VA call PME Engines. They should know who has the bigger dyno cells since trans am cars barely fit on most peoples dyno jets.

I just moved to NC so I don't know all the shops setups around here yet. If you were in Georgia I could help you out.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used Horsepower Solutions in Newport News, VA. My wheels hung off the drums a little as well. Make an appointment...

R,
HAP

KryptosXLayer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if youre in NC or VA call PME Engines. They should know who has the bigger dyno cells since trans am cars barely fit on most peoples dyno jets.

I just moved to NC so I don't know all the shops setups around here yet. If you were in Georgia I could help you out.

PME is in Mooresville, just about an hour north of me. That's a good suggestion for sure, but doesn't answer my question about swapping wheels to clear the dyno I have access to from friends who own it.

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah I'm new to this platform as of a few days ago so I cant answer that one yet.