Too Big to fit on dyno...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muredhawk

Reaction score
Whelp,
I tried to go get some baseline numbers on the Raptor but both places in town had Dyno jet rollers that were 81 inches wide. The raptor is 88 inches. If you have been able to dyno your Raptor, how did you get it to fit and how wide was the dyno?

Does anybody know of any places that are within a reasonable driving distance from the Pensecola, Mobile, Gulfport area?

Thx

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're probably looking at the (side) mirror tip-to-tip measurement. A brief search on the Interwebz shows that the Raptor's rear track width is 73.6". It should fit on the dyno rollers with room to spare.

OP
OP
M

Muredhawk

Reaction score
You're probably looking at the (side) mirror tip-to-tip measurement. A brief search on the Interwebz shows that the Raptor's rear track width is 73.6". It should fit on the dyno rollers with room to spare.

Interesting. He measured and said 88. I didn't check myself. We pulled it up onto the rollers and the tea tires stuck out on both sides by a good bit...

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. He measured and said 88. I didn't check myself. We pulled it up onto the rollers and the tea tires stuck out on both sides by a good bit...

Well, color me wrong. I measured mine a few minutes ago, and sure enough came up with an outside-to-outside tire measurement of 86-89 inches, depending on my points of reference. Hmmm. I dunno what to tell you, man... Maybe look for a diesel truck performance shop? I'd think that they'd be likely to have a dyno that could accommodate duallies...

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea I'd just find another dyno, plenty of wide ones out there.

With zero offset wheels you can get into the 90" range. The dyno I recently used was extra wide, accommodates duallys... lots of room for wide offset

88BEF86B-CF85-4D99-85BD-9025867394B5_zpspyxvhftq.jpg