Throttle hang!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomtruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone else has noticed a slight throttle hang after a tap of the throttle to say just inch forward etc. just lasts a second May have had it happen 4-5 times but once was at home in the driveway and just went to step it ahead and had to get on the brakes. going to notify the dealer just in case.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
up to operating temp?
are you ’stabbing’ the throttle or easing into it? if you stab the throttle the computer is trying to anticipate that you won’t be backing out of it right away and will hold the throttle / gear a little longer, not as much as sport mode but it’s there.

OP
OP
boomtruck

boomtruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
say when your in stop and go traffic and you take your foot off the brake(start stop off) and give a little shot to move up, thats the situation it will do it. foots off the throttle but still goes like it was for just long enough to notice. Its always in normal mode when it happens, that I have made note of. the time it happened in the driveway it was definitly a holy shit moment. Tried to make it do it but can't . I'm not making this up, and it's not my big foot or anything like that. seriously.

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
up to operating temp?
are you ’stabbing’ the throttle or easing into it? if you stab the throttle the computer is trying to anticipate that you won’t be backing out of it right away and will hold the throttle / gear a little longer, not as much as sport mode but it’s there.

This is what came to my mind based on reading your description. I have experienced this several times.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard something similar to what your describing like the truck down shifted and the rpm sound is high and slowly winds down but it didn't feel like the throttle was stuck and the truck was slowing down - felt/sounded similar to downshifting on a hill to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My truck does it.

When I start it in the morning I'll step on the gas just lightly to start down my driveway. I'm only on the gas lightly for a few seconds and when I lift out of the throttle the truck surges ahead with more throttle than I was giving it. Also as I continue down my driveway (down hill) after about 1/4 mile I'm not even on the gas and the truck will accelerate. Does it almost every day. I figure I'm not the only one and there will probably be an update coming so I haven't done anything about it. I did tell our service manager to keep an eye out for an update notice.

Also what ever his name was Jake17?? who is now banned said his truck was doing it.

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get a lot of throttle hang in Sport mode but not Normal mode.

Also, ol' Jakey aint banned anymore

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Mr. Hashtag is back?

This has the symptom pattern of a not quite fully squared away throttle by wire programming, which I want to distinguish from what we’ve observed in sport mode. Sport mode is programmed to anticipate a more aggressive driving pattern, it’s more high strung, and more ready for launch than eco mode. In Sport, if you stab the throttle, hold it... then lift, it’s probably not going to upshift unless you’re at or near the shift point and my observation is a lot of times I don’t need the truck to be that high strung, i run out of real estate to use the performance ( meaning there’s some plodding minivan in front of me & Lucille ), or the local revenuers are close.

I’ve been warming my truck up before going anywhere but maybe I’ll check once when it’s cold. I wouldn’t be surprised if Lucille does this too when cold.