GEN 2 Is there a particular exhaust preference ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrifterGTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am considering purchasing the Ford Performance sport exhaust or the Corsa Sport Exhaust. And while there are a few video's available on youtube that cover the Corsa, I can't seem to find any video's that cover the Ford Performance exhaust from outside the cabin, inside the cabin, cruising drive by and a spirited drive by other than by Cj's . Basically I am looking for a video that covers the complete experience of driving with the exhaust installed, and not just a cold start Preferably something that bineural and taken by "one of us" and not just a company.

But ultimately, I would like some of both of them by current owners so I can get some pro's and con's of both systems. Also, at some point I will be adding the Kook's Green Down pipes just to help things flow a little better to support some coming summer mods.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I can't decide either. I'm waiting to hear some in person first then I'll get serious.

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
don't waste your money...stay with the stock muffler

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do the FP if you want no drone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After a couple of months, are you still happy with your Flowmaster Flow FX setup? i.e No drone, no annoying buzzing at highway speeds, but still sounds good when you open it up?

Your excellent videos spurred me to order the SPD Turbo Adapters and the Flowmaster Flow FX muffler replacement even though it has the less expensive 409SS. I live in Texas and they do not salt our roads, so I figure I am good for 5-7 years.

Last edited:

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Borla Atak is great huge sound no drone
This is my video https://youtu.be/IoT1yBGbOqs

Cold start

And my mods video

https://youtu.be/Hv_xD9EBwyU

Desoto

Reaction score
I just purchased the Corsa Sport from Nick @ Apollo Optics. Their YouTube video pretty much sold me on it. Plus if its not loud enough, I can add the x pipe resonator delete later.

OP
OP
DrifterGTR

DrifterGTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm of two minds about the Atak as well. I like the increase in volume at idle, though from what i can tell its far too loud when you put your foot in it. Additionally its somewhat raspy to my ears. Maybe it is different in person.
My primary issue is that while the are several raptors in my town, all of them are running the stock exhaust. So i am currently stuck listening to the videos on youtube to gain my personal thoughts and opinions.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the corsa mid pipe and the muffler.

Its a good option no drone and def can be loud when WOT.

Really tho at the end of the day I dont care for the sound of this truck.